front and rear tyre profiles
I read in some tyre companies literature the other day that their front tyre was more round and less pointy with a sharper(pointier ) turning rear.The reasoning for this was for greater front end feedback.From my experience this makes perfect sense.pirelli traditionally have a fairly round front tyre that takes a bit of effort to get right over.Their actually a 2 stage front.This resistance gives you feedback in the handle bars.Currently i have pilot powers on the vfr i nearly fell off on the first turn out of the bike shop.They turn so much sharper it feels like a different bike.It took a while to get used to this but when i did do a track day the feedback had gone. It would flip flop like never before but i couldn,t feel where the limit was,I felt blindfolded going on past capabilities.Now perhaps this is a casing construction/brand difference but both have similar sidewall stiffness.The old rule that each force has an equal and oppposite reaction applies here.The more resistance the more feel.In summary for a slow turning bike like the busa perhaps a fairly round front for feedback and a pointy or round rear will balance feedback with turn in speed.I keep you posted . <i></i>
I don't know so much about increasing the tipping in speed, but a 180/55 profile tyre on the rear is sertainly more planted than a 190. The 55 profile versus the 50 of the 190 brings the rear more into line with the front. I also like the 200/50 on the rear for pure throttling down during cornering. With the 180 rear you definitley use a lot more of the front tyre wall. Chicken strips on the front were about one inch for a fitted 200 rear, about 2/3 of an inch for a 190 fitted rear, and less than a centimetre for the 180 rear currently fitted. All rears have had zero chicken strips for this effect on the front.

I'd be a little cautious of matching the front and rear profiles, otherwise you may be riding like Biaggi. And no-one wants to do that!! ha ha ha ha ha hah ha. (that wanka should go back to 125cc. maybe he'd win a race!) -385-
XOCET<i></i>
At least most people know which you and he are referring to.....lol
Lets say one of the best saves then.