new helmet exemption
theres been a new act in effect from sept last year that
exempts riders from wearing a helmet if ur head is bigger than
62cm and a medical certificate is produced.

more info's here
http://www.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/file..._v01_0.pdf

page 108.

was a topic posted up on f/book,
thought id put it here for interest.
pete
08 gen 2 grey
With all the trophies Simmo's winning, he'll be eligible soon!
mate i stepped of at 48ks ,and im pretty banged up ,why would you be as dense as mud not to wear a helmet,
(05-02-2013, 09:32pm)revhead Wrote: mate i stepped of at 48ks ,and im pretty banged up ,why would you be as dense as mud not to wear a helmet,

Weight saving = increased performance!

(I really shouldn't drink Baileys and post stuff!)
Pan's on a roll tonight. ROTFL. How u healing Revhead?
I'll second that too. My collision was apparently around 40kph I was told. I had concussion and only now over 2 months later is my head balance neck etc starting to come good.
Stupidity bigtime, a helmet is an invention which can b individualised by designs & colour. My biggest accident was a granny in my own street t boning me, sending me head first into the road as I flew over her uninsured Honda Civic . Went to work a half hour later. Try doing that without a helmet. A squid is bad enough on the roads . I cringe when I see them in their singlets shorts and thongs on bike. No helmet, no brains.
(05-02-2013, 10:00pm)jamdonut Wrote: I cringe when I see them in their singlets shorts and thongs on bike
Yep

fwiw, im not promoting it, just putting it out there. :-)
pete
08 gen 2 grey
I stepped off a bicycle at 20 Km/hr and can say lycra on bitumen gives great burn marks on the hip and a bike helmet if broken on your head produces a ripper of a head ache.
My helmet unquestionably saved my life.
(06-02-2013, 05:38am)BEAU Wrote: My helmet unquestionably saved my life.

I think more than your helmet Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
There were so many thing's in my favor that day Rod.
But what I put out member's through that day I never want to repeat to them. Ever. That's why I didn't do Tathra last year, for fear the member's will never trust my riding again.

That's the worst feeling for me... And what I must have put them through...especially mrs Ward...
(06-02-2013, 08:32am)BEAU Wrote: There were so many thing's in my favor that day Rod.
But what I put out member's through that day I never want to repeat to them. Ever. That's why I didn't do Tathra last year, for fear the member's will never trust my riding again.

That's the worst feeling for me... And what I must have put them through...especially mrs Ward...

Hey Beau, come to Adelaide this year, we`ll keep out your way , and the chopper is closer if you do a repeat performance.Lol3
(06-02-2013, 08:32am)BEAU Wrote: But what I put out member's through that day I never want to repeat to them. Ever. That's why I didn't do Tathra last year, for fear the member's will never trust my riding again.

Heya Beau......EVERYone, every single person that has ever strapped a helmet on and gone for a ride.....has had at very least, one bad day on two wheels, at some stage!!! If anything, it was only the timing that sucked with your "off" that day....but hey, these things happen!

I wouldn't have ANY probs riding with you in the future...no worries there mate Pi_thumbsup (....SO BOOK UR ARSE IN FOR THE 2013 NORMANVILLE BB ASAP) !!! Lol3
The way this was explained in one of the motorbike mags was you are exempt from wearing a helmet that is ADR compliant not from helmets all together. From what they said it means you can source a helmet from anywhere (ie America, Japan, China etc) and legally wear it in NSW.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.