Rusty Tank
Hi all
I removed and drained my fuel tank on my gen 1 and noticed a lot of surface rust inside the tank.Has anyone any ideas how I can clean the inside of the tank to remove the rust.
Thanks
you can buy a product called tank milk its a 3x pack system to coat the inside of the tank
Hi
There are different types and resources to rust in the tank.

1) Small stones they use in the aquarium .... and shake it, then the tank seal with a product against rust.

2) Is the rust very much one can proceed to elektrolise ...... soda was diluted with water up. You take a piece of iron put there the positive pole of a 12v battery and the tank mass. Please note Toxic fumes preferably outside house do. Watch out for any short circuit between the iron and the tank. Leave an opening that the hydrogen vapors can escape (please not with a cigarette or other burning object hanging above the hole or watch - Explosive) Back then repeat until the rust is gone. Rinse with dilute citric acid and then seal against rust.

3) If the rust is correct to the filling hole is the fuel pump can remove the rust with a scouring pad to remove. And then seal against rust.

4) It seals against corrosion is a set I do not know how it works so other candidates to figure this out empty.

I myself am in favor of electrolysis as it is very rusted.
Why I have my own compressor rusted inside it took three days but was very happy with the result.

Gotta say there with electrolysis shows a black layer behind the tank can remove these with citric or small pebbles
Thanks Revhead and Fester, I have heard of Festers solution but the tank is not quitr that bad. I might use the pebbles and then coat it with a sealing compound.I wll do some research on were to buy the product Revhaed wrote about. Thanks again
Motorcycle accessories supermarket sell the tank sealing kit .. And pebbles are the go
[Image: photo3.jpg]
just remember to count the amount of pebbles you put in,
Thanks everyone contacted MCA and they are sending product . Will see how it works in a couple of weeks