Hotbodies undertail
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting a hotbodies undertail to my Gen II. My question is this, the undertail instructions state the whole thing just slides into place and use the existing 4 plastic rivets to hold it there. In this position the new undertail sits over the top of the tail unit where it joins the existing undertail and looks a bit naff IMO.
Has any one fitted it under the tail unit and did it required much modification?
Thanks in advance,

Crozzer.
Pictures would help. I think I have one of these still in the packaging (never used) and could check what exactly is the problem you have.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
yea it does fit, just need a lot of stuffing around.
it goes under the rear crowl, and its very difficult to get the 4 plastic clips to grab all 3 layers of plastic as a posed to the 2 it normally holds.

Its just a prick.

Good luck, and I'm down mandurah way if u need some help.

axe
Ok, I've seen these on other bikes but you can't see under the genll arse end anyway. So why? Is it a raised tail?
(11-02-2013, 09:56pm)BEAU Wrote: Ok, I've seen these on other bikes but you can't see under the genll arse end anyway. So why? Is it a raised tail?

I'm after a cleaner look, like this,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hairy muff. But won't your plate cover it?
Another photo: Just a cleaner look. We sell a lot of them.

Here's the instructions from HB:

http://www.pashnit.com/pics/products/hot...08_327.pdf

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(13-02-2013, 03:25pm)BEAU Wrote: Hairy muff. But won't your plate cover it?

It is for a track bike or off road use only as stated by the manufacturer.. There are no mounts for the number plate.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"