Phillip island
(26-02-2013, 03:55pm)03sydrd Wrote:
Quote:Is Mitta Mitta to Omeo Sealed all tthe way through???

No. About 15km of dirt on the top down to Glen Wills (cemetery). Council are working on the road atm a sign indicating an $8 million dollar upgrade is in progress. Within 12 months or so it should be fully sealed.

Tallangatta guys working on it, rumour is the Govt has run out of money for the project. Was supposed to be finished by end of April. All the widenning will be, but still unsure when they will actually finish sealing it.
1 x 4km section and 1 x 13 km section.

It will be one awesome road when done!!!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(26-02-2013, 08:48pm)Ward P Wrote: It will be one awesome road when done!!!

It's an awesome road ALREADY!!! last time I went thru....had about $1.30 in my pocket on some of the smooth dirt sections....GiDDy Up!! Eek

Oh YEAHHHH!!!!! When this road is fully sealed, it will be the sort of detour thru the snowies that most will want to try to keep as quiet as possible!!! Pi_thumbsup Clap Pi_thumbsup

As soon as the bulk of the crowd realises that this will be the way to go........the Police will start to hang around there as well!! Frown
I did the section from Anglers Rest to Omeo awesome road. Went via Falls Creek,GP time road was closed due to snow, this time Mount Hotham was closed with the fires!!!
Think we should do this loop on "Weekend at Wardies" about 400km round trip from Tallangatta - Falls Creek - Anglers Rest - Omeo - Hotham (finally open) Bright - Tawonga Gap - Tallangatta.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .