SA Speed week
An old mate of mine is on his way back from Lake Gairdner in SA and sent me a quick note to say that an Aussie took out the world record @ 153mph on a busa!!
Anyone know any more about this?????
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
Only 1 guy that could do it. Was it Maj?
And it would be a lot quicker than 153 for a record, guys are going quicker than that in the quarter mile.
Maybe Maj @ 253mph??
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Something not right here. The official Busa record still stands at 223.325 m/h or 359.4067 km/h (just checked on Dry Lakes Racers Australia website) including the meeting just couple of weeks ago. 253m/h would be a massive jump..
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(23-02-2013, 01:32pm)Shifu Wrote: Something not right here. The official Busa record still stands at 223.325 m/h or 359.4067 km/h (just checked on Dry Lakes Racers Australia website) including the meeting just couple of weeks ago. 253m/h would be a massive jump..

There is no official Busa record. It all depends on what class it was running in.... record could certainly have been broken if it was running in the production classes.

223.325 is Maj's record (2004) in the 1350 MPS/BG class.
MPS meaning - modified partial streamling and BG meaning Supercharged Engine: Gasolene. ie; a turbo engine running on petrol from the pump.

- As printed in the 2013 DLRA Rule Book
provisional results are up http://www.dlra.org.au/2013.htm
Just back myself
could be a class record at 153, there are some still previously not contested that would be easy picking
not real good for us this yr , which was a pity as the salt was as good as i have ever seen it ,
couple of runs over 200mph between Jim our team mate from California and myself but nothing as fast as we would like
and Kims bike was well short of 200
always next year ;)
How did Neil go Maj?