Time to bling her UP
I am one of the "softie" riders that puts my bike away in the shed over winter. It also saves me 6 months rego ($310) and bike gets an inspection before every summer. So soon she goes in the shed.
Due to a combination of a mishap in New Norfolk ride a month ago and the seats I got from leathal (they are damn nice to look at Drool and better to Biker on, thank leathal) PLUS needed replacements I am looking at doing the following and any advise, or help, on what NOT to get/do would be really appreciated.

HAVE TO:
1. replace front rotors (they are under 4.6mm)
2. replace chain and spockets
WANT TO:
3. look at boosting front brakes
4. raising bars (again thanks to leathal's riser)
THE BLING:
5. new mirrors (eagle beak style)
6. new levers (claw style)
7. removing rear under guards
8. replacing rear indicators
9. replacing front guard (thinking R1 style)
10. double bubble visor
11. replace clutch cover with see through
12. adapt fairing so that new clutch cover is SEEABLE
13. something new for mufflers (MORE NOISE)
THE COLOURS:
14. complete respray in electric orange
15. frame cover
16. swing arm cover
17. instrument colour changes
18....... the list will go one and on Lol2

I have a tight budget with most cash coming from the sale of my old Suzuiki GSX250 Across. With getting married in July I need to make ever $ stretch as far as possible so ANY ideas (like big kevs front brake mods for $150) is needed.

so far I have found a complete front/rear rotor set for $200 on fleabay (LOL I do like that version), chain/sprocket set for $160... but unsure of what NOT to get.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Hi Tony. If you like, post up eBay links of what you're considering and we may be able to comment on whether we've used it or not... I've used see-through clutch covers and Chinese rotors and had no problems in the past, but I've also heard of chrome stator covers that leak... so take any advice with a grain of salt.

A lot of us have changed to fancy mirrors, but most seem to be smaller and you'll probably be disappointed.
[Image: BusaKaosmirrors1.jpg]
I switched back to stock!

Claw levers can be disappointing too. They usually don't have any adjustment.

Replacing indicators... if you go LED they will flash quicker and you may need the little thingie-bob to make them flash normally (only if it bothers you)

Cutting the right fairing to see the clutch cover is easy. Go it with tape and a dremmel, slowly... don't rush that job!
Before:
[Image: Busaclutchcover3.jpg]

After:
[Image: Busablingclutch230709.jpg]

Instrument colour change:
Great mod. Do it carefully and/or get some help. I've done it about 5 times.
[Image: Busa100K010908.jpg]
[Image: Busa99K270808.jpg]
[Image: DSC_00289_zps3aeed9e3.jpg]

Look forward to seeing the transformation
thx pan... as soon as I am home I will start to post the ebay items I have been finding
it's a real PITA not being able to access ebay at work, but then I know I wouldn;t get anything I am paid to do done LOL look at the time I spend here alone HAHAHAHAHAaaaa

love the white intruments BTW
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

A word on mirrors, there are alot of cool looking ones that are just crap. Too small or shake and vibrate so you dont see anything. Mirrors have to function in my opinion so dont go cheap.
My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30am this morning , can you believe that , 2:30am?! Luckily for him I was still up playing my Bagpipes.
Was that led Oggy Knobs I just saw?
!!!!!!!!
they only flash on party night LOL
okay.. these are the types of things I am hunting Drool
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CNC-Suzuki-GS...0893354559
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Front-Brake-D...2199wt_966
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-Full-S...975wt_1037
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-ste...1078834199

no-one tell the missus... Scary
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I'm not getting an image for those levers!?

Those Chinese brake disks seem good. I tried mine years ago and did track days, road rides, etc... never had a problem. Others have said they may warp, they may crack, they may fail... but you'll find those negative comments come from those that probably had never tried them. Several members have them.

No idea about the braided lines. I got mine off Pashnit and I like mine.
ive got some chrome brake and clutch master cylinder lids with the kanji ingraved in them 20 bucks if you want them
these are the levers...

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Batfink, mate for my 2cents, do-not scrimp on chain & sprockets on any high powered bike, buy the very best you can afford or better. If they let go your time could be up & the damage caused can make you cry.

I suggest & use Chain Gang Sprockets scott@chaingangchainsandsprockets.com.au

I use
EK ZZZ. 11,000lb tensile, X ring (in gold), cost $170 ish + freight from the US, cost up to $360 if you can find it in Aus. When I bought mine about 9 mths ago they where hard to find here. This is the best they make & what I have on my ZRX. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EK-ZZZ-Quadr-...589cd070b8

Skimp on the bling, not the drive line Pi_thumbsup
(08-03-2013, 05:12pm)Batfink Wrote: these are the levers...

Go quiet well with your Avatar don't they Very Happy

Have a good weekend all it's beer o'clock :)
(08-03-2013, 05:12pm)Batfink Wrote: these are the levers...
always wanted these lever until a mate came off his zx10 and well lets say the clutch lever cut 2 of his fingers clean off
Dont start you cant stop Scary and watch all your mods if you need a rwc every year.

[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
[/quote]
always wanted these lever until a mate came off his zx10 and well lets say the clutch lever cut 2 of his fingers clean off

[/quote]

mmmm I think I need all my fingers LOL

was actually trying to find the same thing but in a claw rather than a blade.... seems my better 1/2 accidentally unwatched what I found originally.

Quote:Dont start you cant stop and watch all your mods if you need a rwc every year.

yeah yeah yeah.. I know it's gunna be addictive. That why I got a full set of road & transport motorcycle inspection rules Coolrasta

Quote:I use
EK ZZZ. 11,000lb tensile, X ring (in gold), cost $170 ish + freight from the US, cost up to $360 if you can find it in Aus. When I bought mine about 9 mths ago they where hard to find here. This is the best they make & what I have on my ZRX. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EK-ZZZ-Quadr-...589cd070b8

Skimp on the bling, not the drive line

good point... I never ride my busa hard (barely get it over 6K RPM) but it is a weighty bike with lots of power so I will be looking for a good quality chain n spockets
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I'e got a set of wave front rotors to suit a gen 1?

I have them fitted to my turbo for about 6 months, but never used them.
Changed the whole front end to gen 2 spec...

rotors need a little clean up but are new if yr interested.

Mite have a few other spares too, I'll make a list if you like.

Axe
Axe
(09-03-2013, 12:30pm)Axe Wrote: I'e got a set of wave front rotors to suit a gen 1?

I have them fitted to my turbo for about 6 months, but never used them.
Changed the whole front end to gen 2 spec...

rotors need a little clean up but are new if yr interested.

Mite have a few other spares too, I'll make a list if you like.

Axe
Axe

thx axe.. that would be great.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1