What Mods Have You Had that FAILED a RWC
As you all know I am looking at putting some mods on my bike.. ROD mentioned something about being careful with what mods can effect a passing of road worthy cert (RWC)..... Scary
So if anyone has had trouble with a mod with the Road Transport, PO PO, or just in general with keeping their bike on the road I want to hear about it

Wm
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
On the Busa no dramas as at the moment the only mods are DB screen and heli bars.
On other bikes I have had RWC issues with:
Exhaust mods
Rear guard mods
Blinker mods
Fork upgrades
Brake upgrades
Rear tyre size changes
HID kits

Basically, depending on how up tight the tester is they can ping you for anything that is not OEM.
Ironically, mods that can make a bike handle better, stop faster and give better vision on the road can make it fail RWC. Sometimes safer equals unroadworthy. Strange isn't it.
No-one said rules are supposed to make sense HAHAHAHAaa look at our laws
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
When I was selling my Beamer I went to get a roadworthy in QLD and the dude took one look at the Staintune exhaust and said it won't pass! They fail from new even with the baffle in!!! I had to do some modifications myself to reduce the noise. He showed me the readings with a DB noise meter!
my busa passed with a brocks alienhead system with no baffles, dash surround panels missing and modified rear end, only thing i did have to do to get it passed was actually fit some rear blinkers :P
my busa as fightered as it is ,in n.s.w goes straight through rego each year with out a drama, the thing is i cant see how much of a drama QLD and VIC have with modded bikes ,The ADR,s state headlight tailight blinkers 1 rear view mirror and under 90DB ,WHATS UP WITH THESE DICKHEADS BEING SO HARD ON BIKES,.

Does the vic roads have a law saying that you cannot modd anything on your bike ,bc id be asking for the inspector to read me through the actual laws, bc im sure youl find there being 1 eyed ,i know a bloke lives in camberwell his streetfighter doesnt run wing mirror has a 4into one ,loud as and his bike passes rego like it every year and he doesnt mod his bike back to stock.
(10-03-2013, 10:21am)revhead Wrote: my busa as fightered as it is ,in n.s.w goes straight through rego each year with out a drama, the thing is i cant see how much of a drama QLD and VIC have with modded bikes ,The ADR,s state headlight tailight blinkers 1 rear view mirror and under 90DB ,WHATS UP WITH THESE DICKHEADS BEING SO HARD ON BIKES,.

Does the vic roads have a law saying that you cannot modd anything on your bike ,bc id be asking for the inspector to read me through the actual laws, bc im sure youl find there being 1 eyed ,i know a bloke lives in camberwell his streetfighter doesnt run wing mirror has a 4into one ,loud as and his bike passes rego like it every year and he doesnt mod his bike back to stock.

Down here you don't have to roadworthy them every year for rego Pete.
Only a drama when you buy/sell a bike or want to re-register a bike that has been unregistered for a time. Otherwise you can do what you want as long as you don't let your rego lapse or get defected by the boys in blue. Then the problems can start.
thats good to know thanks Kendo,
Just keep your stock gear handy like the leavers you want would not pass but easy job to put stock ones back on for the day ,
I think you will find mot states differ from anougher .
My gen 2 failed HID lights in Vic he told me if not stock on a bike cant have them , You would think that they would come under a safety mod Undecided.
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(11-03-2013, 06:54am)ROD Wrote: Just keep your stock gear handy like the leavers you want would not pass but easy job to put stock ones back on for the day ,
I think you will find mot states differ from anougher .
My gen 2 failed HID lights in Vic he told me if not stock on a bike cant have them , You would think that they would come under a safety mod Undecided.

If you listen to the motorcycle safety ads on TV in VIC it is " UP TO YOU TO REDUCE THE RISK" cause we are 38 times more likely to have an accident.
So therefore Rod, your HID mod has given you better vision of risks on the road as well as made yourself more visible to other motorists reducing your risk.
So you would think you have done right. Yes
WRONG ACCORDING TO VIC ROADS Wtf
Because you have just made yourself 38 times more likely to fail a roadworthy.Scary
HID's cause more problems than they solve, hence will not pass a roadworthy unless fitted as stock from factory where design criteria has been met.
In some respects they actualy increase the risks to a motorcyclist due to the intensity and distribution of light affecting the vision of other motorists.
There is plenty of studies and white papers available online about the subject.
My twin yoshi's on this new white bike were just over the limit with baffles in according to rw bloke but he said will put it through
(11-03-2013, 12:18pm)BikerBoy Wrote: HID's cause more problems than they solve, hence will not pass a roadworthy unless fitted as stock from factory where design criteria has been met.
In some respects they actualy increase the risks to a motorcyclist due to the intensity and distribution of light affecting the vision of other motorists.
There is plenty of studies and white papers available online about the subject.

Agree with you there, as I don't believe in using the cheap and nasty stuff from China and the like.
I would only use quality Euro spec and E-marked units, if available for the application,which keep the light in the correct range and direction.
Been blinded by plenty of both cars and bikes using cheap kits or those intended for off road use.