Scala G9
Tossing up whether or not to buy the latest Scala Rider G9 intercom, has anyone had any dealings with these? I've had the Q2 for yrs with the common problems and was wondering if they have fixed them yet. Honda shop has the rider and pillion headsets for $550 but sounds like there cheaper on e bay?
Definitely shop around. I paid about $460 for the Q4 powerset (2 paired units) about 2-3 years ago from a US shop before they came out here. A big issue with one headset going inaudibly quiet and back again regardless of gain settings etc. for the last 12 months or so - very annoying. Great aside from that, just has the standard bluetooth issue of deciding not to connect to peripheral devices every now and then.

Was also thinking of going to the G9 but not sure if the step up is worth the $. I'm interested in what you think if you get it and the feedback you get.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
(11-03-2013, 12:23pm)Champs Wrote: Definitely shop around. I paid about $460 for the Q4 powerset (2 paired units) about 2-3 years ago from a US shop before they came out here. A big issue with one headset going inaudibly quiet and back again regardless of gain settings etc. for the last 12 months or so - very annoying. Great aside from that, just has the standard bluetooth issue of deciding not to connect to peripheral devices every now and then.

Was also thinking of going to the G9 but not sure if the step up is worth the $. I'm interested in what you think if you get it and the feedback you get.
Will do Champs, some off the other branded intercoms look good but don't have the FM radio in them.
i ended up getting an interphone F5 there a great kit , bluetooth set up and rider to pillion coms all bluetooth as well

and not a bad price either
If you want the FM it has a nice feature where you can set it to hunt for the best signal as you tour around so you don't have to fiddle with it. I dont use the FM as I do music separately.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Ahhh, so many different units to pick from, the Interphone does look good Kev! Has anyone tried downloading a radio app to there mobile and BT it to there headsets??
You usually need earphones conncted to your phone to work as an antenna before radio apps work. BTing might not work for you then.
Bell 
(11-03-2013, 11:58am)06BUSA Wrote: Tossing up whether or not to buy the latest Scala Rider G9 intercom.....

Chris.....stop tossing [up], and just DO IT!!!! You won't regret it!! Pi_thumbsup

We've had ours for a few months now.....and what an amazing difference they make to your everyday ride!!!

Even with a $1.60 in my pocket and the front wheel sitting at balance point Eek.....the intercom is perfectly 'crystal' clear!! Clap

FM radio; phone calls; intercom; etc........voice activated, and the G9 features upgradable software, so it doesn't become obsolete in 12 months time.......it's the best out there fo' sho', IMHO! Yes

and I'd be VERY surprised if anyone can find a better price than this:-

http://www.sharkleathers.com.au/cart/pro...ductID=303

I'm a big fan of this shop, they've helped me out many a time.....great service, local company....and fantastic prices!!

Coolsmiley
(11-03-2013, 07:55pm)Champs Wrote: You usually need earphones conncted to your phone to work as an antenna before radio apps work. BTing might not work for you then.

Sounds right Champs, probably just more complicated lol.
(11-03-2013, 10:07pm)bazman Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 11:58am)06BUSA Wrote: Tossing up whether or not to buy the latest Scala Rider G9 intercom.....

Chris.....stop tossing [up], and just DO IT!!!! You won't regret it!! Pi_thumbsup

We've had ours for a few months now.....and what an amazing difference they make to your everyday ride!!!

Even with a $1.60 in my pocket and the front wheel sitting at balance point Eek.....the intercom is perfectly 'crystal' clear!! Clap

FM radio; phone calls; intercom; etc........voice activated, and the G9 features upgradable software, so it doesn't become obsolete in 12 months time.......it's the best out there fo' sho', IMHO! Yes

and I'd be VERY surprised if anyone can find a better price than this:

http://www.sharkleathers.com.au/cart/pro...ductID=303

I'm a big fan of this shop, they've helped me out many a time.....great service, local company....and fantastic prices!!

Coolsmiley
I always prcastanate Bazman lol, I've had the G2 for yrs now and has been good but just not working that well any more, and there not water-resistant like they say they are! Have to take them off to ride in the rain which is annoying. But that is a good price!!! Found the Interphone 5 for sale for $399 so that's pretty good too. Have you had any problems pairing yours yet Paul??

No probs at all.....been riding in the rain as well!! It does everything they claim it does, I'm very impressed with it!!