Special Tyre Deals (Sydney)
Blackzook had posted details about Shinko tyres on the General Info pages, so I thought I'd re-post it here, especially since at the moment there are great bargains happening.

Just got of the phone with Craig White from Whites Racing Products.

He can supply Shinko's and Bridgestone road and track tyres.
He works from home at Lumeah but has 4 guys around Sydney that sell and fit his products. He said he is Brigestone Australia's biggest customer and moves around 600 tyres a month.

I just spoke to Craig and he's doing a Shinko 003 front and rear fitted and balanced for $240!!!!
Even though the normal prices are cheap, this special is too good to miss...

Regular prices below
Shinko Standard soft 190 $200 fitted
Bridgestone 014/020 - 190 $290 fitted
Bridgstone qualifying slicks (new) $150 fitted
all above include remove and refit wheel.

Craig is national bears racing champion and seems like a hell of a nice bloke he will fit tyres after hours and weekends. Basically anytime just call to book.

He also said that he can source helmets and leathers for the right price from importers clearing old stock.

Phone Craig on
Mobile 0413 461 353
Fax 4620 7715

"good times spent with friends, and nothing else matters..."<i></i>
He's a hell of a nice guy 2. I'm all slicked up and ready for tomorrow night Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.
Banjo Paterson

<i></i>
Great price Pan!

One thing to keep in mind is how long they have been around, if they have been stuck in a shed for the last couple of years they may have gone off and be of no use to you. Not saying they have, but thats a bloody good price.

You will be happy with the mileage I got over 6k out of mine would have gone easy 8k if I did Drag Race them.

Their only vice I find is that they are slow steerers which is stands to reason with their flatter profile.

Shayne <i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 31/1/06 10:13 pm
</i>
Slow steerers?
Does that mean both front and back are a lower profile?

Sorry Pan, profiles as in shape, they are flatter so it doesnt allow them to turn in as quickly as the pointier tyres
ie Michelin Pilot Race.

I rode them to Jindy and back so they weren't a problem just different. Once they were cranked over they stuck really well better than the original BT56 I had!

Shayne <i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 31/1/06 10:15 pm
</i>
Does that mean that typically, on a track day for example, it'll be hard work, but stick okay?

Maybe at first when they are new and till you get use to them.

Depending what riding you do they eventually round off anyway.

I actually prefer the slower more stable turn in they provide now to the sharper more sensitive tyres available.

They wont be a problem Pan and for that money if you don't like them you always give them a hiding at the drags!

Shayne

<i></i>
Thanks Shayne.
Yeh, a hiding at the drags or practice my rolling burnouts in the car park...

<i></i>
Got the tyres on this morning.
Great price.
Top bloke!

Highly recommended....

Pics....

<i></i>
pan... are they semi-slicks ?? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>
Don't know if they are "technically" semi-slicks. How would you tell?

They are just sticky cheap tyres that a lot of people swear by... extra good for drags too.
"still waiting for my bike"<i></i>
Max M... the owner of the Road Warriors Cafe had them on his bike for quite a while. Said they were great and lasted well. I'm tossing up what to replace the 014's with... probably the new Avons. Got a few months before its an issue for me, so by then you guys will have more feedback. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob (Astro)<i></i>
pan.... (and anyone else using the shinko's) how do you find these tyres in overall riding conditions ? My 014's are on their last legs and I've got to make a decision in the next week or so. Any feedback gratefully accepted.
The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Wait till i get a conformation off a dude that sell Pirelli and Metzler,suppose to be cheap. As soon as he or I ring him i will
put up some prices. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>