If i were to sell my Hayabusa.....
Hey all, was wondering what you all think my bike would be worth if i were to sell it. What would be a fair price to ask for it? As my friend just sold his 2008 GSX-R 1000 for an upgrade to the 2013 model. And still managed to retain some value on his bike.

Keep in mind that i dont want to sell it, i love the bike never missed a beat, but is it worth trying to retain some value?

Specs:

2008 Hayabusa,

Full Titanium, Ceramic-coated Brocks Shortmeg Exhaust
ECU Flashed by Pete
PCV, and dynojet Quickshifter
Full Monty ProBolt Kit, in Custom colours
Matte Black Body work
Seat by VCM
Kaneg rearsets
Pazzo Levers
Smoked Braided lines
Hotbodies Race screen
RSD resoviour covers
Tinted front and rear Indicators

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nah, you just couldn't mate, it's such a nice bike.
The selling price would never be what it's worth.
That's right, and it's the trouble with bling, you never get anything like ya money back. Now If you had all the old bits and could put your origonal pipes back on, etc, then 1/ sell the bling on ebay or 2/ transfer it to your new bike? But you probably wouldn't want to do that either cause 1/ is a hassle and 2/ you would want to do it again differently maybe on your new bike.

Resist peer group pressure, if you love it, keep it.
(22-03-2013, 03:56am)gringo Wrote: Resist peer group pressure, if you love it, keep it.

+1.......and get your full $$$ worth out of it, by riding it ALL THE WAY into the ground!! Yes

The amount of money you end up losing by buying brand new bikes, running 10 or 20 thousand kms up on them, then selling them....then buying something else new, and repeating the process over [and over] again.....will run into thousands & thousands of $$$......what you have to ask yourself is >> Is it really worth all the hassle and cost involved....to be riding around on the latest (...and very arguably the greatest)?!? UndecidedIdiot2Undecided

...juz my 2 bobs worth, FWIW!!
Coolsmiley
A stock '08 and blinged '08 of the same milage are worth about the same. If you don't have all the original bits the stock would probably sell for more, as there is always the concern that the bike has been in an accident.

you've put way too much effort in this to even think about selling it, why not spend the change over money on a turbo!! Trophy

[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(22-03-2013, 06:30am)Ward P Wrote: you've put way too much effort in this to even think about selling it, why not spend the change over money on a turbo!! Trophy

Have deffinately thought about turboing......just the $$$$$$$, i have a TLR im trying to sell, hoping to get 5-6 for it, that could maybe get me a kit...save up maybe another 5 and i sould be alot closer
One of the nicest Busas Ive seen, hang on to it.
My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30am this morning , can you believe that , 2:30am?! Luckily for him I was still up playing my Bagpipes.
That bike has enough power to last the average man his life.

If you're thinking about selling it, from this end it seems as if you either aren't enjoying it or you've gotten too used to a great thing!

Everyone's already said it but let me put it this way: If you hadn't have bought the busa and just had your TLR right now, would you really be unhappy? The same thing will probably happen with the next bike, but it's unlikely to be as good!

Hope I don't come across too aggro :)
(22-03-2013, 05:20am)bazman Wrote: .......and get your full $$$ worth out of it, by riding it ALL THE WAY into the ground!! Yes

Clap

I second that!!!!!
Last year Action Motorcycles sold a K8 orange and black with slipons, asking $15800. I went in there for a trade in price, my bike, full system grey and gold k8 immaculate, 6k on the clock, heaps of mods like yours, they offered me 11k. I reckon you would get between those two figures.
If I were to sell my hayabusa, ld buy another.lol