These boots are made for RIDING
I am sure there is a good balance between performance, looks and cost. Thats why I am asking for ppls opinions of different boots...
for me I am looking at:
comfort
protection
cost
style
as when I ride to work I normally leave my boots on all day comfort is a premium but I wanted to sacrifice everything else for comfort then I would just ride in my sneakers (sandshoes for us old aussies LOL). And while the best racing boots would give max protection, I still want them to look "normal(ish)" when I have them on... lets not forget that I have a finite amount of $$$ and lots to do this year with what I have
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!

I have these. They hide well under a pair of jeans except for the toe guard, which can be a dull coloured alloy depending on colour choice). They provide great ankle security and use a wetsuit type material around your leg for comfort. I've had them for 4 years and still going well. they are kinda like a two piece cast that clamps around your leg.

Currently $293 from here:

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/sec9...ts-Stiefel

plus about 14 Euro delivery. I've bought from them before - very good to deal with.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Have had falcons, alpine stars, siding and tecknik kangaroo with Kevlar booties.just bought a pair of cortec latigos. Twcknic and siding great but don't last long.still have the alpinestars. I think my next boot after the cortex latigos will all be based on sales.I buy them use them and throw them out so not going super expensive. Even Rays seem to be OK for $160 aaprox.try before u buy.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I ride and race in these no good for commuting though can be a pain to get on and off but they crash well Pi_freak

.jpg   2009_Sidi_Vortice_Boots.jpg (Size: 18.36 KB / Downloads: 84)
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Last pair of boots were TCX..not bad comfort wise but leather? cracked up after couple of years use and started leaking around edge of sole..
Got Daytona dual shell sport/race boots now.Bit better for track days.comfy but pricey..
Try before you buy..boots are like helmets..what feels good to me might feel like crap to you ..
If the missus is paying I'd be going for the most expensive Pi_tongue
(07-04-2013, 05:21pm)Driller Wrote: I ride and race in these no good for commuting though can be a pain to get on and off but they crash well Pi_freak

+1, I crashed in these and they're very tough and easy to replace wear parts.
Don't get white though, impossible to clean.
They're comfy too, but I don't remember them being very water resistant.
I have had my pair of boots for about 5 years now, got them re-soled and they were schitt. Got the planer onto them to get the heavy duty tread off them and they are absolute gold now. Like an old leather jacket - soooo comfy.
it must be a sign of old age when you forget all about a thread you started LOL Confused

While up in the Gold Coast in July getting married I ended up getting a pair of Shark Leather Predator boots

After a few rides, including a few thousand k's to Normanville and back I think I can now give an honest review of the boots.

> having the usual problem of trying to fit Blunstone shaped feet into ballerina shaped boots I expected it to take a while to get my feet properly comfortable in new boots. I decided to get a pair that was too tight across toes but not to long in length as they are all leather and with some persuasion can stretch where needed. To help blood circulate to ALL my toes I had to remove the hard plastic toe sliders in the beginning but after several hours of wearing in they stretch just right and now feel great even with toe sliders back on

> Some boots can be very restrictive in foot movement under the guise of "protection". While I know that the foot needs supporting in case of an off you also need to be able to walk while wearing them. I never liked watching, or being, one of those riders that seem to hobble like a scarecrow with stick shoved up ass just because my boots are too inflexible and stiff. I found these boots to have good movement for walking while maintaining lateral support to stop foot flopping sideways.

> I wanted to go away form the "cruiser" style boots into something that looks more like a racer and found these are nice looking boots. They can come in a variety of colours but I stayed with black cause it's more universal and I don;t want to change boots cause I changed bikes LOL.

> Over the years I have had everything from $59 - $599 boots for riding. While each price range has it's benefits I personally think that these boots for about $189 are very good value for money for what they are!!!!

> So far the only down side with these boots seems to come from a very unusual design flaw. The ankle pivot point is held together by a small screw which allows the hard plastic casing of one part of the boot to move with the foot while still being attached to the rest of the boots hard casing. Unfortunately I, and my mate that also bought the same boots, found that this screw is slightly proud of the pivot socket and has slight burs on the phillips head inset which WILL rub on the bike while riding if not covered by riding trousers. I now have a patch of very noticeable scratches on my new 99's black frame near the gear lever. This cam e about form just one ride where I was wearing my work trousers, not my draggins, and the bottom cuff rose above the pivot point on the boots.

Over all, I would recommend these boots as a good, money conscious, riding boot in a racing style
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!