Reading glasses, who has succumbed to them? - Old bastards thread
Nearly all my mates wear them. Last time we went out for dinner they all put them on to read the menu. It was like a Pensioners Convention. I'm ok on the PC but shit it's getting harder and harder reading much else. But I wont give in!!
Yep .. that would be me Embarassed

I'm wearing mine right now, I've had them for a couple of months Nerd

I don't need glasses for driving / riding yet, but I don't think thats too far away .. those numbers on the speedo aren't very clear at all .. Pi_freak

I paid an old school buddy a visit the other day and he came to the door sporting his new reading glasses ..

You young fellas can laugh .. It'll get you too before ya know it Lol3
Nah, I'm pretty lucky in that department, so far.........I'm still spotting raccoons in pitch black darkness from 50 paces!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
I bought my first reading glasses last year , just need them to see fine detail (so far) and don't need them for the PC.
Yep, that's me too.
And 8 years ago I paid a shipload and had the laser treatment.
It worked ok for 5 years, threw the goggles away, but now back to wearing them again.
I hate having to wear them!
dont know if there is any truth in that wearing glasses weakens your eyes. It sure feels like it if I wear them for reading then take em off it takes ages for my eyes to get accustomed again, all blurry.
(26-03-2013, 06:27pm)DjPete Wrote: Nearly all my mates wear them. Last time we went out for dinner they all put them on to read the menu. It was like a Pensioners Convention. I'm ok on the PC but shit it's getting harder and harder reading much else. But I wont give in!!

Count me in I started 5 years ago so far only reading I don't want to go the full time ones but you can't stop the ageing thing while it does have some advantages like lower insurance but the glasses thing is a pain.Nerd
Yep, had them for a while now.
It was either reading glasses or a longer arm, and I'm already a knuckle dragger Lol3Lol3
I should but refuse to Coolsmiley
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I started with the cheapy glasses num 150.plus 300 for sharpening chainsaw chains.they are cheap.have in the shed house,car,bike hump.every where.Can be very hard when you go out and carnt read menu.Happened to me and barb.dark type pizza place had to get the waitress to tell us what type they.lol
I use them for reading manuals etc but not the computer or books in bed. They do weaken the eyes so the less the better in my book.
My father used to tell me to stop playing with it or I'll go blind ..

I stopped when I got to the glasses stage .. Coolsmiley
I need them Pete real bad but I have a solution to the menu reading problem
I just go toy local and pay $30 for an all you can eat buffet no menu needed see the food eat the food

I reckon we should try and organize a meetup with the Melbourne lads for a meal one night soon At the sanctuary lakes hotel
Cheers [Image: th_arg-x-50-transa.gif]
Normal conditions of after your 50th is the beginning of building fittings attracts.
We are also like a motorcycle behind a few years also need to new pieces.
The one which is faster than the other.

1) Teeth
2) Glasses
3) Hearing aid
4) Bypass
5) Pacemaker
6) Hips
7) ...........
8) .............
I'm lucky, no glasses needed. My twin sister (yes I really do have a twin, but we are nothing alike) has full time glasses and hearing aids Pi_freak
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten