Touring tyres-
(05-05-2013, 10:54am)grumpy Wrote: what are the PR3s like for fanging it up in the hills please.

Ive only done a couple of hundred kays on mine so far, but they seem to stick like the proverbial to a blanket.

If they let go, you'll be the 2nd to know (I'll be the 1st Scary)
I know a lot of guys that are running the Michelin PR3's and have all been extremely happy with them Wet & Dry and from what I've seen they seem to hang on pretty good as some of the guys had them on for the last Busa Run here in WA which got spirited some of the time.

All the guys have got anything from 12K through to 24K but this also comes back to the rider and how he's riding as well.

One of the guys that had the PR2's on didn't like them in the Wet and seemed to be a common theme hence the reason for the PR3's as they have been designed to help get rid of the water better from what I've been told by a Rep.

Another Tyre that some of the guys run and get good K's out of as well is the Avon Storm 10K+ and this is on both the Busa and Gixxa11's which are simular in weight, one of the guys has even done track days on his and been quite suprised how well they hang on when pushed.

Personnally I haven't run a tourer on the Busa as yet but if I do I will be running the same configuration as Storm, the Tourer on the Rear with a Sports on the Front I've alway been happy with this combo on past bikes so will probably head down this track again probably my next set of tyres.
Ran the Pilot Road 2's on the rear with 2ct front for the 4 state Blast And I would have to say with the heat, speed and load endured on this ride of 9500ks you cannot argue with these results

" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
I found PR2's perfect for everything but the track, they hang on fine in the wet or dry, but on full lean(footpegs scraping and bent up) they do have a tendancy to step out if too heavy on the throttle out of corners - but then all tyres will if pushed hard enough. I had mine matched with a Pilot Power front, got around 10,000km out of the two. Wore the edges out first - but then, I always do. Embarassed

old thread on this combo
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...pilot+road
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .