Metzeller Sportec M3s
Garbo and I have fitted Sportec M3s to our busas and will keep you informed of milage and grip etc.
These were tested in a Rapid mag recently and Jeff Ware gave them a good rap.

A rear hoop cost me $300 fitted.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Well I've done 1000ks terrific riding on this Sportec M3 and I must say it is the most confidence inspiring rear hoop I have ever had on a bike.

I had a BT014 on the bike when I bought it and this Metzeller is miles better for grip and handling I reckon.

I still run a BT014 on the front along with the Sportec on the back and it is a great combo.

This photo appears in the Members Photos thread but it is a clear shot of the tread pattern of the M3.

YES, that is a cheeseboard under the sidestand!

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i>Edited by: BUSGO at: 19/8/06 5:55 pm
</i>
And Braddo

BRADDO <i></i>
Hows many klms have you done now? What's the wear rate like on them?

Also, what it your riding style like.

Thanks, Busdriver
<i></i>
I was so impressed with the back one. I just put one on the front to match and will report on the wear when I get home from Philip Island in two weeks.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I reckon these Metzellers are the ducks guts.

I have been to P.I. and back clocking up over 3,000ks and they are about 50% worn on the back and only about 20% on the front. We avoided the Hume Hwy as much as possible and did lots of tight twistie stuff with never a hint of slip or bad tracking even under heavy braking.
The only bit of wet road we encountered was in the gully of the Black Spur around Healsville and they never budged but I did slow down a bit just in case.
One of the guys with us had Sporttec Z6 s on and they did the job just as well.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
Thanks for the update Busgo, I'm @ 3,400 kms orig mileage on OEM BT056s centre of rear wearing out had me thinking about the BT014 as I recall it has touring centre, softer edges.

I don't get on the edge of my tyres in street use, so hardly pushing my tyres but the 056 seem pretty soft as I feather up the sides without trying ( I am accustomed to the hard-assed touring rubber on my old bikes!) Mark
Canberra's Best Silver/Black K5!<i></i>
Action Suzuki are selling Metzeller Sportec M3s front and rear for $350 the set at the moment. Cheers Taub<i></i>
Quote:thinking about the BT014 as I recall it has touring centre, softer edges.

You would be thinking of the BT020

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>
I checked my mileage on the weekend and found it hard to believe that I have over 8,000 ks on this rear tyre now and it is still hanging in there with the best of them.

I am heading for the Oxley this weekend and I expect to scrub it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

You CANNOT get over to the edge on these tyres. The tread wraps around the edge of the tyre and gives you great turn in.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
Quote:You CANNOT get over to the edge on these tyres. The tread wraps around the edge of the tyre and gives you great turn in.

Same with the M1's Busgo. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Just put 1 on as the pilot power was just about gone & I got
a flat today while down coffs.
I didnt want to chance a plug with 750ks of hard pushing ahead of me ( gwydir hwy, bruxner hwy ) so I got a new M3 thrown on.
I've never liked the feel the P.power gave in the rear end allways felt like it moved around in a corner.
The M3 does'nt seem to tip in as quick but it's as solid as a rock while cranking in a corner.
I had to check the pressure it felt that hard while driving.
80k scrub in on the way back to grafton the 700ks home
wet weather no worries up the gwdir at 6.30am this morning
Then mach 1 up the bruxner in the heat & it held together well indeed. No signs of being ripped apart .
I wasnt fully cranked over pushing on the tight stuff ray but
it sort of looks like they may not get right over.
shane

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You CANNOT get over to the edge on these tyres. The tread wraps around the edge of the tyre and gives you great turn in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<i>Edited by: the shredder 3 at: 28/11/06 19:42
</i>
Thats not the m3's mate.. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Very stiff sidewall and casing.Also heaviest tyre on the market.Sounds like a good street tyre if they give good feedback. <i></i>
I was not impressed with the mileage on the M1, I have gone 6K on the HPX rear and only half worn! I have M3 on front and will consider M3 rear if anyone finds that thr M3 lasts 3 or 4 times the the distance of the M1. <i></i>