to turbo or not to turbo?
Lets start this discussion if the turbo is or not the way to go...
I start with a few arguements for ..pros
1 You will get the performance that the normal evolution will take 10 or 20 years to get you there.
2 The Australian dollar is so strong that you can order a good turbo system
that would previously cost you 20 000 $ for a meager 10000$ from Rcc turbo or any turbo from overseas..
Lets face it ,most of us hayabusa owners own a hayabusa because
of its performance,so addicted to power?
Cons ? The coppers ?...
I spent 8g on my 2010...if I spend that on my 2012 if gonna have a snail in the future that's for sure. Can't beat em bang for buck I think.
Can't register it in NSW
Been there done that. If it's to drag well and good, . . . if it's just to ride on the road, in another 5 years you'll have an old bike that the current crop will out handle and leave you behind.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
turbo???

hmmmna go twin turbo.

oh and No2

f*** i think i need to start planning my 5th rebuild.
super charger ,pro charger make a kit $5999,turbos are so yesterday

plus gotta love boost coming on half way through a bend ,ooppps i fall down
brand new rcc gen 2 turbo kit still for sale :) waiting for a new home.
(19-04-2013, 03:00pm)REVIT13 Wrote: brand new rcc gen 2 turbo kit still for sale :) waiting for a new home.

how much?
(19-04-2013, 08:46am)revhead Wrote: super charger ,pro charger make a kit $5999,turbos are so yesterday

everything needed for install?
The stg 1 RCC kits are US$4450 , and not cost much more to put a spacer plate and studs in to bump the hp potential from 230 to 280 or so on pump fuel with no intercooler
i would compare the stg 1 turbo kits with the base supercharger kits

How much or little boost comes in in the corner is entirely up to the rider, the throttle works just the same as before

Revits kit is much more than the base turbo kit ... like most stuff you get what you pay for
work out your hp/$ and turbo will win just about every time , only the low boost base level stuff is close to other options like bigbore etc
True the turbo gets you the most bang for your buck
If i would turbo my bike ,i would propably go stage 2 with intercooling to keep my build safe
and while at it,it is tempting to spend a few extra dollars to get more niceties done at the same time..
The swingarm might need a few extra inches too Drool
(19-04-2013, 10:26pm)De5nake Wrote:
(19-04-2013, 03:00pm)REVIT13 Wrote: brand new rcc gen 2 turbo kit still for sale :) waiting for a new home.

how much?
(19-04-2013, 08:46am)revhead Wrote: super charger ,pro charger make a kit $5999,turbos are so yesterday

everything needed for install?
thats a complete kit to bolt straight on ,i think the kit is 240rwhp
i will be buying one of these to much rooting around to fit a turbo ,i got quoted 10k for a turbo fitted ,like ride in pay 10k ride out 2 weeks later as a turbo screw that/ il buy the super charger kit and fit myself 240rwhp on tape straight away no lag
Hey Rev, are the supercharged Busas able to be "legally" road registered in NSW?
(21-04-2013, 08:42pm)pan Wrote: Hey Rev, are the supercharged Busas able to be "legally" road registered in NSW?
il ring tech stanards tomorrow and find out pan!

Its a power adder like a turbo, you would need an engineers report in most states to reflect the frame, brakes etc are suitable for the extra power
and the emmissions are within spec

Larra the stg 2 usually has extra injectors in the plenum for secondary injectors , its a gen 1 thing realy, as gen 2 has lots of injector capacity
gen 1 also needed a ecu to drive them, which all adds extra $$$ , gen 2 is flashed , and that flash also gets you gear based boost control, so you don't end up like the old basic gen 1 kits that if you wanted 10 psi you had it in every gear , and the first 3 were part throttle and short shifted or it just pogo sticked the front wheel , now you can tailor your boost level.
Bike i am doing at the moment can wheelie if you want, but if you lean forward and give it all through the gears it will skim or lightly carry the front in all but 6th

I have a SnR pro air/air intercooler here , taken off Cas's old bike (needed the front wheel clearance on a lowered bike) as i fitted a water/air unit to it
the owner wants to sell it
My gen 1, which has a stage 2 kit, uses a boost by smith gear based controller so i can adjust the boost in each gear there not that expensive though it is just one more cost.

Would love one of Maj's water/air setups