yoshi pipes and vic roads
I have an appointment with vic roads to swap the rego over from NSW to Vic - should I put the silencers into the yoshi pipes for this check up or will it pass without them.

I have had a look at putting the silencers in but it looks as though their is a rivet on the inside of the pipe that I cannot remove? Does this lever out so I can insert the silencers and attach the screw?
In Vic there is every chance you wont pass reg with an aftermarket pipe on......silencers or not/ but having said that they may not even look at the bike
because you are just doing a basic transfer on an almost brand new bike (the later being the most likely to happen)

If you get stuck, I've got a set of stock GenII pipes you can borrow to get your reg done.
(21-04-2013, 03:31pm)BikerBoy Wrote: In Vic there is every chance you wont pass reg with an aftermarket pipe on......silencers or not/ but having said that they may not even look at the bike
because you are just doing a basic transfer on an almost brand new bike (the later being the most likely to happen)

If you get stuck, I've got a set of stock GenII pipes you can borrow to get your reg done.

Cheers BikerBoy!

Oh Great!!!! Trying to push the rivet out using the bolt that attaches to the insert and I drop the bolt inside the end can of the muffler!!! Anyone got any ideas on getting that out? Can you take the end part of the muffler off. Its the black end part on the yoshi muffler.
long magnet ,or start it up a blow it back out
(21-04-2013, 04:40pm)revhead Wrote: long magnet ,or start it up a blow it back out

it didnt go down into the muffler it fell in to the inside of the end cap of the exhaust system - the titaniam coloured end part. I guess if I take the muffler off and shake it about I may be able to get it out of the little hole it went through.
It fell inside the carbon end part.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I moved down here from Sydney 6 years ago. I was surprised that they did not even sight my bike, just checked my ID and transferred the rego.
I wouldn't count on it being that easy now though, they seemed to have tightened things up.
Did they ask you to bring a RWC.
If they have said you need a RWC from a licensed tester then you will most likey need everything stock as the testers now get audited and must take photos of the bike as passed. This has made RWCs notoriously hard to get with any mods on the bike.
I think just about everyone here with a modified bike has experienced the pain of a Vic RWCScary
Just checked Vic roads website out of interest. It said:

"To register your interstate registered vehicle in Victoria you will need to make an appointment and attend a VicRoads Customer Service Centre. To make an appointment, call 13 11 71 (Mon-Fri 8.30am - 5pm, Sat 8.30am - 2pm) with the following information:
the VIN and engine number of your vehicle
the registration number of the vehicle
your current licence number.
You will also need to pay an appointment fee.

In most situations, as long as the interstate vehicle registration is current and is going into the same name in Victoria, a certificate of roadworthiness (RWC) will not be required to register your vehicle in Victoria. However, you will need to make an appointment at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre to have the vehicle registered.
There will be other situations where a certificate of roadworthiness will be required to have your vehicle registered in Victoria. Call us on 13 11 71 to check when you will require to supply a RWC."

It may still be just as easy as I experienced as long as you don't have one of those "OTHER SITUATIONS", whatever they may be.
(21-04-2013, 05:42pm)Kendo Wrote: I moved down here from Sydney 6 years ago. I was surprised that they did not even sight my bike, just checked my ID and transferred the rego.
I wouldn't count on it being that easy now though, they seemed to have tightened things up.
If they have said you need a RWC from a licensed tester then you will most likey need everything stock as the testers now get audited and must take photos of the bike as passed. This has made RWCs notoriously hard to get with any mods on the bike.
I think just about everyone here with a modified bike has experienced the pain of a Vic RWCScary

Dont need a RW (although I did get one) however the engine number on the bike is different to the nsw rego records so they will be having a look at the bike!!! Maybe that will distract them?
(21-04-2013, 05:48pm)Merc Wrote:
(21-04-2013, 05:42pm)Kendo Wrote: I moved down here from Sydney 6 years ago. I was surprised that they did not even sight my bike, just checked my ID and transferred the rego.

Dont need a RW (although I did get one) however the engine number on the bike is different to the nsw rego records so they will be having a look at the bike!!! Maybe that will distract them?
I swapped an engine in one of my other bikes and had to have the bike inspected at Vic roads so that the rego papers would reflect this.
All they did was walk out, sight the bike rego and record the engine and frame number. I owned that engine from another bike and had the rego papers of the donor bike to prove it was mine.
They told me if that was not the case I would have needed a receipt for the new engine to prove ownership of it.
the engine numbers are the same except for an extra four digits at the end of the NSW rego papers info - extra digits: 1300. Makes me wonder that they added that on as info rather than fact.
(21-04-2013, 06:27pm)Merc Wrote: the engine numbers are the same except for an extra four digits at the end of the NSW rego papers info - extra digits: 1300. Makes me wonder that they added that on as info rather than fact.

Strange they just added some extra numbers.
Doesn't sound like you should have too much trouble with it then Merc.
Best of luck with it mate, I hope they play nice.
I probably didnt need to but I got my original pipes fitted for the rego - that gave the mechanic time to get the bolt out of the yoshi muffler!

Although I didnt need the RW it came in very handy for the gent doing the rego. He sighted the engine number on the bike and that was that. Rego done - $1052 later (rego, 3rd party, stamp duty)I was riding back to the mechanic to put the yoshi's back on.

Question to I need to display the rego sticker somewhere on the bike??
Stickers are no longer required here in Tassie, but from what I rememebr reading on other posts... as long as you have it on bike to present when asked you do not need to display it anywhere...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(23-04-2013, 11:44am)Merc Wrote: Question to I need to display the rego sticker somewhere on the bike??

Police discression on that one, and as per VicRoads instruction it does not need to be fixed to the bike.

As long as you can produce it on demand there should be no issue. ie: carry it inside the hump.
Sorry to Hijacked guys, but while we are on the rego sticker subject. Are things different in NSW? or do we still need to carry the sticker in the hump as Paul says?. Mine is still in the garage, but I was going to toss it.
Nope. after Jan 1 this year any vehicle under 4.5t does not need to display rego sticker, but I think there is something about displaying it until you renew the rego in 2013 (mine's due in June-July and I've already whipped the rego tube off...it's gooooonnnnnneeeeee!)

The cops know before you get off the bike if it's got current rego or not (with the modern cameras and the number plate...they know who you are, where you live etc before you turn the bike off.)