Book for Riding Tips
This book looks like it may be a good read for riding skills.
Although because it is American it will be designed for riding on the right side of the road.
www.shopanimalnetwork.com/product.asp?0=228&1=229&3=343
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
I've got a couple of decent books I'd like to add to the list:

I. Proficient Motorcycling - by David L Hough
II. More Proficient Motorcycling - again by DL Hough
III. Sport Riding Techniques - by Nick Ienatsch
IV. Total Control - by Lee Parks

I + II are more about general on road riding, advice for different conditions, picking lines/apexing, braking etc. MPM is not really that much different to PM. The binding on PM is very weak and the pages at the front of the book tend to fall away from the spine quite easily.

III + IV cover similar content to each other, focusing more on street/sport riding techniques. Both talk at great length about line selection, apexing, bike design, countersteering, braking, trailing/maintenance throttle etc. SRT has numerous references to track riding also.

I recommend all four. Have a look on amazon.com for reader reviews. If you've got the money, get them all. <i></i>
Keith Code's 'Twist of the Wrist'. Notable omission. <i></i>
It is a book that an older rider gave me back in my youth as a fearless two stroke rider/racer (see dangerous idiot). It is about good technique and so forth. There is a second updated edition. I later passed it on to another generation's young fool. Hopefully, they have passed it on since then. Here is a link to an excerpt. (i'll get you one, if you need it, Matt). lol.

www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0965045021/ref=sib_dp_top_ex/103-8872625-3846262?ie=UTF8&p=S00I#reader-link

This might interest you, Maggot. Let me know when you get it finished.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GSK9QQ/sr=1-6/qid=1156674535/ref=sr_1_6/103-8872625-3846262?ie=UTF8&s=books <i>Edited by: glen66 at: 27/8/06 8:30 pm
</i>
don't have it - is it any good? 2000 Blue Silver 'busa = '2003 Black VTX1300, Ulysses Member, lover of hot food <i></i>
Yeh chill, Kieth Codes twist of the wrist is well worth reading.
You can order a copy through Australian Super Bike School, or If you like you can borrow mine. I can give to Dave if you like. Let me know. <i></i>
hey, that guy stole my name

seriously though thats just plain weird, and what are you implying Glen????? <i></i>
Quote:Keith Codes twist of the wrist

+1

I've got a DVD too (free with some bike mag about a year ago)
If anyone in Sydney wants to borrow it just let me know... <i></i>
compdancer: "Yeh chill, Kieth Codes twist of the wrist is well worth reading.
You can order a copy through Australian Super Bike School, or If you like you can borrow mine. I can give to Dave if you like. Let me know."

that sounds like a deal Gaz. we can do a trade. 2000 Blue Silver 'busa = '2003 Black VTX1300, Ulysses Member, lover of hot food <i>Edited by: chillidude at: 29/8/06 11:20 am
</i>
Yeh,, twistin that bloody wrist has got me in more trouble than the hezbellah. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Someone on here gave me Twist of the Wrist on a bunch of audio CDs, but can't remember who. Good stuff! <i></i>
Chilli, next time daves over my place I will give it to him. <i></i>
thanks CD 2000 Blue Silver 'busa = '2003 Black VTX1300, Ulysses Member, lover of hot food <i>Edited by: chillidude at: 30/8/06 9:10 am
</i>