Tank Slappers
(16-11-2011, 07:59am)simmo Wrote: I changed the oil in mine to 30w,
I had a few tank slaps at the drags ( fixed now)
You will be surprised how dirty your oil is even only after a couple of years Pi_thumbsup

Ps I think they are the same dampers Gen 1 & 2 the internals may have been changed but I'm not sure on that one Embarassed

Is that much of a job? Apart from its removal, I can't see much about the damper in the workshop manual.

Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Easy unbolt it & take it out (one nut & 1 bolt)
There is a little drain/bleed bolt on it, take out & drain it / pump all the old oil out
Get a small long container so it just fits in it if possible, fill it with oil (what ever grade oil your happy with, 5w or 10w is stock I think but I always go a bit heaver) & just keep working the ram in & out until you get all the air out of the damper
You can fill it with syringe type thing but it takes a bit of time to keep working all the air out Pi_thumbsup
(16-11-2011, 03:29pm)simmo Wrote: Easy unbolt it & take it out (one nut & 1 bolt)
There is a little drain/bleed bolt on it, take out & drain it / pump all the old oil out
Get a small long container so it just fits in it if possible, fill it with oil (what ever grade oil your happy with, 5w or 10w is stock I think but I always go a bit heaver) & just keep working the ram in & out until you get all the air out of the damper
You can fill it with syringe type thing but it takes a bit of time to keep working all the air out Pi_thumbsup

Thanks, saved that in my notes file.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I've put 20w50 in mine, work's Great .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
At the risk of becoming a Grunty type link poster why bother with the original.
https://www.motomummy.com/store/product....311&page=1

1/4 of the weight, much better performance and blingier than the stocker why bother. Combine that with great - great! service from Motomummy.

My last order took 3 weeks to arrive - Oz customs strike, they did a USPS track, emailed Oz customs to complain that it affected their reputation and copied me in on everything. Then offered me free stuff in apology for something they had no control over.

I have Ohlins dampers on 5 of my bikes - they are worth every cent.
Only 3 weeks Bruce, You must have had your stuff on the top of the pile , mine was missing for nearly 2 months , USPS just about paid out the insurance when it reappeared