Lithium Battery
Hi all,

Well the bike wouldn't start yesterday, after 7 years and 90000k's the battery was cactus.

I've bought a new Lithium battery from these guys in Melbourne http://www.hollyhockbatteries.com.au/LFP12_BS.html

Got to be the cheapest and easiest way to drop about 2kg off the bike! The new battery is so light it feels like a toy. But it has as much cold crank power as the standard battery. Bike started just fine in 5 degree weather this morning. Very Happy

doesn't seem very expensive either. Are there any downsides to these?
geez pricey ,i bought a gel battery for mine cost $89 buck to my workshop door off the local battery guy.and i live in the sticks,lol
I've got the Shorai. Down side is you need a special charger and you shouldn't jump start them
Revhead I think you'll find a genuine Yuasa is around the $200 mark though. Pan, sounds like the pros outweigh the cons then to me. Have to try one when mine goes.
(03-05-2013, 08:10am)DjPete Wrote: Revhead I think you'll find a genuine Yuasa is around the $200 mark though. Pan, sounds like the pros outweigh the cons then to me. Have to try one when mine goes.
i think mine is a whoflungdo but its been there for a little over a year now,lolLol3
and if it does the job, who cares what brand it is. :-)
Ok I've just put an SSA Li battery in the bike and for $180 it's a dam good its lighter and powers the busa really well
Think ssa is what just went in grizzly's gen 2, ill be fitting one to mine next week in prep for the brizzy ride
Wow, great price.

I looked into these about 18 months ago and the best price back then was around $250 with others asking 350+ if i remember correctly.

Shortly after i met a guy at Eastern Creek who had one on his track bike and he loved it.

Cheapest way to lose a couple of Kgs (from the bike).

Cheers
(02-05-2013, 10:04pm)aussiemonster Wrote: Hi all,

Well the bike wouldn't start yesterday, after 7 years and 90000k's the battery was cactus.

I've bought a new Lithium battery from these guys in Melbourne http://www.hollyhockbatteries.com.au/LFP12_BS.html

Got to be the cheapest and easiest way to drop about 2kg off the bike! The new battery is so light it feels like a toy. But it has as much cold crank power as the standard battery. Bike started just fine in 5 degree weather this morning. Very Happy
Do you need a special battery charger for this battery?
Rob
(23-05-2013, 04:43pm)CaptainRob Wrote:
(02-05-2013, 10:04pm)aussiemonster Wrote: Hi all,

Do you need a special battery charger for this battery?
Rob

Hi Rob. I don't know and hope I don't have to find out!
I commute on the busa, so it rarely goes more than a few days without being ridden. So it's not something I checked out before buying one.

Hopefully some of the other guys that have used them for track bikes might know.
With the Shorai you need a charger to charge it up inititally.
Once charged, you can leave it unused for a year and it's still as good as new though.
I hadn't touched my track bike for 6 months (battery was still connected) and it started first go.