BikerBoy's 3D Busa Build
I had the idea a while back to build my busa in 3D as a digital model. To do that I'm using a program called 3D Studio Max.

First up I needed references. Google images is the best for that, and I put together a collection of images to use as a template.
[Image: referenceimages.jpg]

[Image: reference_comp.png]

Once I've got the templates done, I import them in as reference planes, line them all up and start roughing in the basic shapes.

I will be making this a replica of my own busa but for now any busa works. For now it's all about shape and form.
This is where the process begins of using basic shapes and meshes to rough out the shape of a busa. This bits all about how much time you're prepared to spend! From the rough shape, iteration after iteration is done always adding endless detail into the model.

[Image: perspective-view.jpg]

[Image: busa011.jpg]

The model has a very long way to go before it's finished, but different stages of the build present new opportunities to use it for other purposes. It's going to interesting watching this progress and the awesome stuff that comes out of it!.

This image is a screenshot of the current build.....like I said.....endless detail yet to be added!

[Image: busa09.jpg]

More later..... but that's how it all starts.
Nice :)

I'll get back to you very soon with my effort.

My brother in law is a mining and environmental engineer with a full spectral 3D point cloud laser.

We did a scan of his CBR600F4i and its awesome. Every graphic, nut and bolt in point cloud rotatable axis 3D. We're planning on doing my gen2 as soon as he's back from WA, in about 2-3 weeks I believe.

:)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Awesome job so far, Keep it up!!!!

I'd hate to know the hours you'll end up putting into this, but I guess it's a labour of love!!!
Trophy
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
Fantastic! I love it!
so when can I import my Busa into my fav race game???? imagine racing the tracks around the world on my own busa.. WOOO HOOOOO
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I want to walk into an office at work one day Paul, look at what the building will look like when we're finished, look at the 3D people on the footpath walking past a 3D Busa! Please make it happen. The motorbikes they use are pethetic.
well ile be forked! and heres me still tyring to work out how to navigate itunes!
Thats an orsome project, Thanx to guys like you guys like me dont have to get head aches just thinking what ifs. Clap
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
A few years ago I was given a program called Firefly to put through its paces for 6 months. At the time, It was new software technology that calculated a fully detailed 3d mesh, purely from a set of photographs. Of course my first thoughts were....... Busa!

What a pain in the ass that was!!! The software could not understand reflections and seriously went crazy. I spent hours on that friggin thing, gave up, sent of the data and that was that.....no busa.

Years pass, and the software finaly gets released for public use, but not as a specialty program for engineering, science or medical use etc...... but free to all, as a fun little application to play with and try to make some cool toys. WTF.....They went ass way forward ......oh well...I'm still thinking Busa!! So I flooded thier server with 120 high res images of my Busa....again....and again......and again!!!.

Finaly I got the Point Cloud mesh of my Busa. It turned out much better then last time (I actually got a mesh), but again....it wasn't easy to get it to work.

Here's the results. This is 120 photographs of my busa taken from all different angles, uploaded to their servers and processed.

The Cloud in all it's glory......a single point is selected.
[Image: pc4.jpg]

The mesh with texture maps turned on.
[Image: pc1.jpg]

An overlay of the texture maps and mesh together
[Image: pc2.jpg]

All good to use as a reference while I'm building the bike, but point clouds are messy and are just an empty shell............ a scratch on the surface compared to what I'm creating!!!.

More updates coming soon.

(15-05-2013, 01:28pm)BEAU Wrote: I want to walk into an office at work one day Paul, look at what the building will look like when we're finished, look at the 3D people on the footpath walking past a 3D Busa! Please make it happen. The motorbikes they use are pethetic.

Pi_thumbsup It'll happen.

I did a project a few weeks ago for a new development of an automotive centre in Essendon.... and the main client I had to produce images for......Harley Davidson.....oh how I wish I could have snuck a Busa in amongst the bikes!!!!!
The posabilities are endless though, from graphics wrapping through to 3d component manufacture on cnc or fairing moulding enhancements, reverse engineering, hey there's a mini quest for you, re engineer the drop pegs...it all starts in this sort of thing, cad/cam. hats off man keep going =)

Thompy.
Hot Coffee , Fast :Biker:

Diesel.
Excellent Stuff Clap
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
How about adding a 3d printer to your PC and you could print out parts to make a new bike or parts thereof
as an example

Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
(19-05-2013, 09:10pm)ohzone Wrote: How about adding a 3d printer to your PC and you could print out parts to make a new bike or parts thereof
as an example

Hopefully we'll be getting a 3D printer at work ad I'll be able to make some prototype parts......for free Yes

I've also got qualifications and 12 years experience with metal fabrication and programming for CNC so I've got a lot of options in doing this. As soon as I can keep adding more time into the project, I've already got a few awesome idea's designed that I'll be making for the GenII.....both will be a custom part never before done and nothing like it exists on the market.

...but like I said, I need the time to keep working on the files so it'll be ages away.
trying to get my head around that sort of stuff at the moment, collection of cad, 3d generation, for 3d printing and virtual wind tunnel
using freeware
procad
insight3d
openfoam or virtual wind tunnel ,
and pretty much come to the conclusion i am not enough computer savvy at this level
but will continue trying , getting a few tips along the way and thinking about finding proper tutorials
great stuff,
looking forward to seeing the progression.
pete
08 gen 2 grey
(14-08-2013, 08:22pm)Maj Wrote: trying to get my head around that sort of stuff at the moment, collection of cad, 3d generation, for 3d printing and virtual wind tunnel
using freeware
procad
insight3d
openfoam or virtual wind tunnel ,
and pretty much come to the conclusion i am not enough computer savvy at this level
but will continue trying , getting a few tips along the way and thinking about finding proper tutorials

Good stuff Maj. Can be hard to get your head around, but well worth the effort. I'm 100% self taught and know how hard it is, so ask away if you want some help.

I've been playing around with 'project falcon' which is a full wind tunnel simulation package. amazing stuff to test fairing designs that's for sure! but I use all sorts of 3d, CAD, rendering, simulation etc.. packages so even ones I don't use, I'll still be very familiar with how they work.

I can certainly see the benefits you're going to get from learning this stuff, so anything I can offer to help, just pm me.

to give you guys a better understanding of what I actually do for a job, these are a very small selection of thousands of images I have created.

Each image is 100% computer generated, right down to individual blades of grass. Some are quick to do, some are extremely complex. I build complete detailed 3D environments and generate the images and average an image a day.

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]