Hendrixhc's Long Term XE falcon Rebuild
(19-05-2013, 08:27am)jamdonut Wrote: Man , what memories, Back in 1988 - 1993 I had an XE Fairmont ghia 351, white with gold web simmons deep dish wheels. Should of kept it, it was bought by a bloke who still has it now and has restored it to show room condition. no he wont sell it back to me.

Ah regrets of the cars we should have kept hey!
(17-05-2013, 07:46pm)hendrixhc Wrote: Here's some goodies i bought yesterday for the XE.

[Image: gilmergoodies2_zps8ff28445.jpg]

[Image: gilmergoodies3_zps95b663b5.jpg]

That Lamb Of God cd will keep you going for hours....throw in some Hellyeah & Mudvayne for good measure.
For the Ford lovers, the car I always wanted however could not get a decent one without rust. Photos taken by a professional photographer. Glad you are living your dream out mate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   imagesCA7VN2O0.jpg (Size: 8.03 KB / Downloads: 148)
(20-05-2013, 08:03pm)jamdonut Wrote: For the Ford lovers, the car I always wanted however could not get a decent one without rust. Photos taken by a professional photographer. Glad you are living your dream out mate.

I was living and working in hongkong, in a shipyard, and bought a right hand drive (Canadian) 1972 Mach 1 Mustang for A$600! Bought it back on deck and kept it for a few years as is. Needed the money when kids came along and sold it for $8000. Guy rotisseried it, looks great - I see it from time to time, which really pisses me off! What a great shape. The Beast!

(20-05-2013, 08:03pm)jamdonut Wrote: For the Ford lovers, the car I always wanted however could not get a decent one without rust. Photos taken by a professional photographer. Glad you are living your dream out mate.

You and me both with this car Mate!

When the budget allows it i am going to buy my final car an XC GXL Fairmont. Once i got that i will die a happy man!

I think 5 Fords should be enough then!
If you could only still walk into a Ford dealer and buy one of these babies, love the old Fords and don't mind the new supercharged GT either.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I remember my step brother buying a 5.8L XC GXL that was absolutely immaculate .. pretty cheap too, absolute bargain .. until .. 6 months later it decomposed before his eyes. Turned out it had been submerged in salt water at some point. The poor bugger was devastated .. Pi_freak
(21-05-2013, 12:51pm)Dale Wrote: I remember my step brother buying a 5.8L XC GXL that was absolutely immaculate .. pretty cheap too, absolute bargain .. until .. 6 months later it decomposed before his eyes. Turned out it had been submerged in salt water at some point. The poor bugger was devastated .. Pi_freak

I can imagine he would have been. That would suck majorly.

(21-05-2013, 08:04am)jamdonut Wrote: If you could only still walk into a Ford dealer and buy one of these babies, love the old Fords and don't mind the new supercharged GT either.

Well if you've got some spare cash here's Cobra up for Auction with an original 50k on the Clock...

Won't say what the starting price is though...Lol3

I've always wanted one of these but a 351..

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-9001...lector-car
No way! For that money I would buy a second hand exotic or the new supercharged GT falcon, or a 200 Landcruiser. The XC standard was all show with little go, motor at that time was 149killerwasps. Geez the prices they are getting.
(26-05-2013, 01:00pm)jamdonut Wrote: No way! For that money I would buy a second hand exotic or the new supercharged GT falcon, or a 200 Landcruiser. The XC standard was all show with little go, motor at that time was 149killerwasps. Geez the prices they are getting.

The 351 had just over 160 Kw (217 bhp)..the Bathurst edition topped out at 204 kph

While not seeming very good stats it was for 1976... Wonder how well the gen1 will stack up against a 2035 busa Gen6 LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I know the 351 ADR27A engines were underpowered, 149 kw is what they we back then and guys in my area were chucking in cams and shaved heads, extractors in the 90's for some extra grunt, but $80,000 for an XC coupe today, stock motor, 2 sprayed blue stripes in acrylic give me a break. Is this the equivalent now to what they were worth back then? Like I said, for that money give me the new cars. 2035 Haybusa will probably be some magnetic powered freak machine running on an electric grid like Tron in the future. Went tot he Nabiac bike museum and geez things have changed over the last 40 years with bikes.
(26-05-2013, 10:34pm)jamdonut Wrote: I know the 351 ADR27A engines were underpowered, 149 kw is what they we back then and guys in my area were chucking in cams and shaved heads, extractors in the 90's for some extra grunt, but $80,000 for an XC coupe today, stock motor, 2 sprayed blue stripes in acrylic give me a break. Is this the equivalent now to what they were worth back then? Like I said, for that money give me the new cars. 2035 Haybusa will probably be some magnetic powered freak machine running on an electric grid like Tron in the future. Went tot he Nabiac bike museum and geez things have changed over the last 40 years with bikes.
the last of the xd ,xe v8,s had 116 kilowats only they revved but they were woefull
Very nice work, I wish I had the skills to do a project like this but watching some one else is the next best thing, thanks for the post.

My favourite Ford, the venerable 1974 LTD Landau

.jpg   1974-ford-ltd-p5-sedan.jpg (Size: 22.24 KB / Downloads: 57)
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum
Just a quick update for those interested. The engine is now almost done. Just some plumbing and wiring to go. Trans should hopefully go in soon.

[Image: pspumpin5_zpsd0b6a540.jpg]