Work light stand for LED
I have been keeping an eye out for LED workshop lights on a stand - cheap ones. However Total Tools have a new product (in our store) on the weekend, their own brand twin halogen work lights on a telescopic tripod for $30. The halogen lights are cheap and nasty and, of course, very hot. But the telescopic stand and tandem wiring loom are pretty good and well worth the $30. I'm going to use them until the halogen bulbs go (the heat they generate is handy at the moment because its pretty cold in Melb!) and then replace them both with two of the many LED work lights available on eBay using the split wiring loom and plug. Easy fix; good result, cheap.
Sounds like a plan, all you need is leds with a good spread. I bought some $15 10W crees in HD aluminium housings, sort of water proof spotlights but with a better light spread, probably no good for close up workshop lights. Make sure you post up pics of what you finally buy, I will be very interested.
Of late I have resorted to just using a headlamp, it works into every nooks and cranny.
I bought the $30 twin halogen setup you mentioned, removed the halogen lamps and smashed them against the nearest rock, then used the stand to mount two rechargeable LED worklamps. They weren't cheap but they are awesome. Use them in the workshop, for camping and for blackouts (still common in the Perth hills). The batteries seem to last forever.
We have dozens of those halogen stands at work. The boss bought them from supercheap auto when they were on special. Not one of them works now .. Knuppel2
(06-05-2013, 06:02pm)Dale Wrote: We have dozens of those halogen stands at work. The boss bought them from supercheap auto when they were on special. Not one of them works now .. Knuppel2

The halogens are very sensitive to angle. Will only handle about 15 deg tilt from one end of the tube to the other. I notice Supercheap where had the dual LED's on a tripod stand on special for $100 a few weeks back. They are also dual current, 240/12V. I am seriously considering getting a pair of these, a $100 solar panel & a car battery to light my shed when it is built in a few weeks. Can not afford a Lecky to wire up, so I will probably go down this road. Already have a more than few Bunnings solar sensor LED type security lights & pretty happy with the value. Even use one to light the well worn but dark path to my beer fridge, saves flicking lights on & off Very Happy
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
Link to Super cheap twin led floods on stand, on special for $65 ea, may not be the case in other areas .

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-...1395#Cross
(17-05-2013, 12:05pm)Zrex1200 Wrote: Link to Super cheap twin led floods on stand, on special for $65 ea, may not be the case in other areas .

Went to my local store to get a couple of these and they were sold out and not getting any more in until after the saleFrown. I shopped on line through the link you provided to super cheap auto and they are delivering them free to KalgoorlieVery Happy. Thanks.
BUSA there is no Substitute
(17-05-2013, 03:41pm)Lucky 85 Wrote:
(17-05-2013, 12:05pm)Zrex1200 Wrote: Link to Super cheap twin led floods on stand, on special for $65 ea, may not be the case in other areas .

Went to my local store to get a couple of these and they were sold out and not getting any more in until after the saleFrown. I shopped on line through the link you provided to super cheap auto and they are delivering them free to KalgoorlieVery Happy. Thanks.

Just got an adv from - starting this Saturday, the same light stand is $19.99 !
(17-05-2013, 04:20pm)CaptainRob Wrote:

Yes but is that a Halogen bulb @ that price?
These are already LED & dual voltage.
Quality however is to be determined...
(17-05-2013, 04:49pm)Zrex1200 Wrote:
(17-05-2013, 04:20pm)CaptainRob Wrote:

Yes but is that a Halogen bulb @ that price?
These are already LED & dual voltage.
Quality however is to be determined...

Yep, ya right, I'm wrong.
Would 3w led be enough light do you reckon?
3w leds are about equivalent to a 40w old school incandesant.

Light but not too bright......
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2