Rear Wheel Swap Gen 1 > Gen 2
Can anyone tell me if these are compatible, will a Gen 2 wheel fit on a Gen 1 and visa versa ?

If no what is required ?
Maj had answered this question a couple of months ago. I did a search but can't find the answer... Sorry.
(23-05-2013, 08:09pm)stunva Wrote: Can anyone tell me if these are compatible, will a Gen 2 wheel fit on a Gen 1 and visa versa ?

If no what is required ?

Ok GEN 2 wheel will go onto a GEN 1 no probs as the axle diameter is all the same ,

Only difference is with the GEN's is that the gen2 has a different mounting for the rear calliper , other than that you can use them ,

At our last coffee meeting I measured the width, rear disk to sprocket (through the wheel) of a Gen 1 and a Gen 2, and they were at least 3 or 4mm different (the Gen 2 was wider). Would just the caliper change be enough to line everything else up?

PS: I measured them using a bit of tissue paper, but did it very carefully and accurately.
gen 2 swingarm has a slot to locate the caliper bracket, gen 1 has the arm
discs are different sizes
if you can fabricate a means of securing the right caliper to match the disc you can interchange wheels
my busa has a modified gen 1 swingarm and now has a bolt on caliper slot to suit the gen 2
(23-05-2013, 11:16pm)big kev Wrote: Ok GEN 2 wheel will go onto a GEN 1 no probs as the axle diameter is all the same ,
Only difference is with the GEN's is that the gen2 has a different mounting for the rear calliper , other than that you can use them ,

So a GEN2 wheel will go on a GEN1 okay.
Will the GEN1 brake caliper will suit the GEN 2 disc they are both 240mm, I assume yes ?

BUT
A GEN1 arm would need to be modified to take a GEN2 caliper & bracket as they don't have the arm on the GEN2,

okay, sounds simple enough, thanks again guys.
Gen2 and B-King wheels swap but there was some
deal with the cush drive / sprocket carrier
(Not sure which one you needed to use)

The guy I bought my Gold B-King wheels off
had chrome Gen2 wheels in his B-King.

Front should be a straight swap I'd imagine ?
Gen 1 and 2 front wheels are different width (I think they need spacers) and have different size disks.
Agreed.

I meant non ABS B-King and non ABS Gen2
should be the same front wheel.
(24-05-2013, 06:34pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote: Gen2 and B-King wheels swap but there was some
deal with the cush drive / sprocket carrier
(Not sure which one you needed to use)

The guy I bought my Gold B-King wheels off
had chrome Gen2 wheels in his B-King.

Front should be a straight swap I'd imagine ?

I did this swap on my B King too Tony, put powdercoated gen 2 wheels on my B King. Only difference was the outside spacer on the sprocket side is wider on the B King then the Gen 2. Other spacers and cush drive were the same.

ZX14R rear wheel almost fits the Gen II. Small modifications required. Looks different.
(24-05-2013, 03:36pm)stunva Wrote:
(23-05-2013, 11:16pm)big kev Wrote: Ok GEN 2 wheel will go onto a GEN 1 no probs as the axle diameter is all the same ,

So a GEN2 wheel will go on a GEN1 okay.
Will the GEN1 brake caliper will suit the GEN 2 disc they are both 240mm, I assume yes ?

BUT
A GEN1 arm would need to be modified to take a GEN2 caliper & bracket as they don't have the arm on the GEN2,

okay, sounds simple enough, thanks again guys.

I have Gen 2 swinger in the shed if you want to go that way Stu

Turbo ZX7 for the street Biker
Busa for the drags Trophy
I just bought a GEN1 wheel and tyre on ebay for a couple of hundred bucks, it's in Melb, just need to get it here, all good Yella, I'll keep it in mind as I get further down the track, that 1098 swinger looked pretty good though.
Wheel turned up today, the cush drive has much thicker splines than the older wheel on it, whats the go there ?
(04-06-2013, 08:22pm)stunva Wrote: Wheel turned up today, the cush drive has much thicker splines than the older wheel on it, whats the go there ?

May need to see pic stu