penrite oils
Anyone tried or use Penrite 10w 50 fully synth
(25-05-2013, 02:17pm)Pommie Wrote: Anyone tried or use Penrite 10w 50 fully synth

Why risk it when there are a number of good and already proven oils available. You think they invented something radically new ?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Not at all, I can buy it at cost price to the wksp is all. I would rather not spend money needlessly if I don't have too. I work hard for it and try to hang to as much of it as possible
Penrite has been around since the early 1900's, but I can't go past Motul. In saying that, there's only a few companies that supply the additives that go into the base product, so much of a muchness.
(25-05-2013, 03:10pm)Pommie Wrote: Not at all, I can buy it at cost price to the wksp is all. I would rather not spend money needlessly if I don't have too. I work hard for it and try to hang to as much of it as possible

on my 2nd bottle Pommie no problems
did 8K before i changed it & the last 4 K was during the blast aroung Oz
which were hard KsPi_freak
They come in a 5 ltr pack so every 4 bottles you get the 5th change for free.
The poor hole is a big 1 so dont rush the refill
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Cheers Shane :)
Used to swear by Penrite back when I was playing with hotted up cars Pi_thumbsup

If they have a bike oil now I would definetly consider it, as I would rather support a homegrown Aussie company, assuming they still are?

I have settled on Motul for my bikes for around 20 years now, tried a few others here & there Castrol Race, Silkolene. Keep ending up @ Motul.

Will have to look up the Penrite & see how much & where from, probably Supercheap I expect.
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
Penrite make a specific bike oil but we don't stock it and I've never seen the rep to ask him. I'm not sure what the difference would be which was the reason for asking if any one had tried it
http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/oil.html
i had a rep drop into my workshop last year and we discussed oils n bikes with him and he told me ,"NOT to use there products in motor bikes ,quote ,his words not mine ,so i still use motul full syn
Which oil company?
sorry Penrite
Pretty sad when the rep informs you that you shouldn't use his brand......that won't help him meeting his targets/ KPI's
(26-05-2013, 04:27pm)revhead Wrote: sorry Penrite

Question answered then Clap
I suppose as long as oil is free of friction inhibitors so its a 'motorcycle oil' it should be good. If I found penrite synthetic motorcycle oil on sale I would give it a go.
its not like Pentire or motoul drill for oil and make their own. they all buy the base from somebody and the other stuff they add from somebody else.
after the first 1000kms I used castol 15-40 it was mineral or semi synth I forgot.did not change the oil filter as I could nt get it off.rode the wheels of in 40+ weather for 6k. then changed oil +filter with Castrol race full synth 5w-40 for the next 6k.now it has silkolene 10-40 full synth. just 3 rides- 15,000 kms all up.seems pretty good.after the next 6k it will get a filter/oilchange with whatever it available.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!