Tasmania Anyone?
Spirit of Tasmania ferry Melbourne - Davenport are having a Birthday Sale from mid August to early October. The sale price for a 4 Berth Inner Share Cabin is $151 with motorbike each way making a total of $302.

I am considering going 30 Sept. - 6 Oct. Dates chosen late as possible in the Spring season for better weather. Still a roll of the dice I guess.

I dont intend on hard core riding but more leisurely and mostly the east coast and centre including stays in Hobart and Launceston.

Prices and sale dates available only till sold out. No guarantee my a/m dates will be available in a few days.

Anyone interested in joining? if so I reckon you would have to act on it this week. Alternatively you could always pick your own dates and see if others may join in. Cancellation fee is 75%. Dates change free online but extra for regular fare difference. Sale Fare dates cannot be changed to other Sale Fare dates, only to the next higher level.

http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/fares...tails.html
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(01-06-2013, 09:28am)Volvi Wrote: Spirit of Tasmania ferry Melbourne - Davenport are having a Birthday Sale from mid August to early October. The sale price for a 4 Berth Inner Share Cabin is $151 with motorbike each way making a total of $302.

I am considering going 30 Sept. - 6 Oct. Dates chosen late as possible in the Spring season for better weather. Still a roll of the dice I guess.

I dont intend on hard core riding but more leisurely and mostly the east coast and centre including stays in Hobart and Launceston.

Prices and sale dates available only till sold out. No guarantee my a/m dates will be available in a few days.

Anyone interested in joining? if so I reckon you would have to act on it this week. Alternatively you could always pick your own dates and see if others may join in. Cancellation fee is 75%. Dates change free online but extra for regular fare difference if no sale dates available.

http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/fares...tails.html

O
Early October is still rather fresh here in Tassie.. Some frosts and wet weather to be expected. East coast is always nice. Keep me informed of your dates as I live in Launceston and should have bike back on road beginning of oct. got a bed available in Launceston and might be able to organise someone in Swansea ????
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
What is the regular fare? $151 sounds like a steal.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

reg.fare alot more, 300 average ea.way with vehicle.

Ok well I have booked myself for Thursday 26 September to last day of sale Sunday 6 October. Gives me 10 days in Tas. Added some days to make up for loss of riding in case of bad weather.

I paid the extra Cancellation Insurance of $16, which is nominal and safer for a booking so far in advance. I have plenty time to plan the route and where to stay.
Take your snow chains Volvi Coffee
(01-06-2013, 04:47pm)simmo Wrote: Take your snow chains Volvi Coffee

LOL... Only need snow chains if he wants to go up mountains

Some good cold/wet weather gear will suffice
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

6 the October seems sold out .is showing flexi fares no red hot.
Sorry it was the 4th October that's sold out.ocean recliners for $54. How long is the journey?
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I think 19;30 dept. 7am arrival. In the end one doesnt go to sleep before midnightish anyway, so a recliner might do the job. but I prefer the horizontal.

cold, wet? anything is possible thats why I chose the latest dates possible, supposed first and second month of spring and am not fussed if some days are not riding days. I'll be doing just what I please to do, no rigged schedules.
(02-06-2013, 12:34am)Volvi Wrote: I think 19;30 dept. 7am arrival. In the end one doesnt go to sleep before midnightish anyway, so a recliner might do the job. but I prefer the horizontal.

cold, wet? anything is possible thats why I chose the latest dates possible, supposed first and second month of spring and am not fussed if some days are not riding days. I'll be doing just what I please to do, no rigged schedules.
We went for a month in Feb Volvi and only had 1 wet day. That fare is a good deal. Because we did not pre book they hit us up over $600 each way,2 people 1 bike. Paul.Very Happy

(02-06-2013, 07:58am)cyndemgum Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 12:34am)Volvi Wrote: I think 19;30 dept. 7am arrival. In the end one doesnt go to sleep before midnightish anyway, so a recliner might do the job. but I prefer the horizontal.

We went for a month in Feb Volvi and only had 1 wet day. That fare is a good deal. Because we did not pre book they hit us up over $600 each way,2 people 1 bike. Paul.Very Happy
Whatever you do, don't miss the wall in the wilderness at Derwent Bridge. $10 to get in and one of the best things to see in Tassie. Dead set amazing.

Done the boat a few times. Leaves about 7:30 but will dock in Devonport about 6 am. The bars shut down about 10-12. Unless your pockets are full of money do what I do and take a backpack on board with you filled with anything you want to eat or drink (normally a 6 pk of beer and some dinner for me). While there are signs every where about not sleeping on seats that's what I normally do as I can't sleep sitting. Find a nice quiet corner and just lay down.... I normally leave all valuables in vehicle, including wallet.
Over all the boat experience isn't to bad, either spend up and enjoy the complete experience or be smart and all you pay for is e tickets....
Be good to see more members over here and I will definitely organise a meet.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Would love to run to Tas with ya but myself and the minister of war and finance flying over in july to see the new niece and our new house (in Fingal) so Im gonna just have to wait till I move back in a coupla years.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM