Oxford Grips
Just purchased a set of these.
Went trolling thru the old threads, and apart from "don't use the supplied superglue" couldn't find any comments on how to wire them in.

The instructions say to put them straight to the battery, and the electronics will cut power if brattery starts to drain, or if it "doesn't hear/feel the motor running" Pi_freak all sounds a bit freaky to me!

I was in the mind of hooking it up to the accessories, but it sayes if power is off for any time it I will have to reset the temps etc.

So all you wimpy people like me with oxford heated grips, how did you wire them in??
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Relay from the battery to power them & find a ignition live wire when the key is on only, there are heaps of places to hook into on the LHS front
I had a set come with my bike,
after I washed the bike must have got
some water in the controls, went to start the bike
the following day and got a flat battery, the grips
remained fully heated tho it was turned off at the switch, I ended
up fitting an extra switch under the seat,
don't know if its a common problem just something
to look out for. jat.
pete
08 gen 2 grey
(29-07-2013, 03:40pm)simmo Wrote: Relay from the battery to power them & find a ignition live wire when the key is on only, there are heaps of places to hook into on the LHS front

Pi_thumbsup OK, What I thought. Just like wiring driving lights??
(29-07-2013, 04:15pm)pete Wrote: I had a set come with my bike,
after I washed the bike must have got
some water in the controls, went to start the bike
the following day and got a flat battery, the grips
remained fully heated tho it was turned off at the switch, I ended
up fitting an extra switch under the seat,
don't know if its a common problem just something
to look out for. jat.

That doesn't sound good. Hope it's a one off, but I'll do like simmo said and do the relay thing from a keyed live wire.
Yep same as driving lights, then you wont get a nasty surprise with a flat battery
Wired them up to check - haven't put the relay in yet(tomorrow job) All working well, but when grips get hot they must swell a bit because the throttle sticks a bit.- not much, just slides back, doesn't spring back like when cold. Once grip cools down back to fine.

Is this usual? Should I trim them up a bit more?
i didn't notice that with mine,
tho I did notice the left hand grip would loosen
and it would twist like the glue was melting
but was fine when it cooled.
could u have pushed it on to far and
its rubbing on the switch block or the outside of the handle bar?

cause if it did swell its on the throttle tube
and shouldn't make a difference.
pete
08 gen 2 grey

Heya Wardy....

Juz like our mate simmo, you muz be getting soft in ur old age!!! (...says the idiot that swears and curses every time his hands go numb whilst riding over Hotham!!) lol
(29-07-2013, 08:33pm)Ward P Wrote: Wired them up to check - haven't put the relay in yet(tomorrow job) All working well, but when grips get hot they must swell a bit because the throttle sticks a bit.- not much, just slides back, doesn't spring back like when cold. Once grip cools down back to fine.

Is this usual? Should I trim them up a bit more?
Might have to trim a fraction more, just loosen the bar end up just to check if that is the end where is is sticking Pi_thumbsup

Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
hope u have better luck with yours than mine
mine stopped working last night, blowing fuses
traced it back to the block where all the wires
run into, it looks burnt out.
now to find a replacement.
pete
08 gen 2 grey
(30-07-2013, 12:39pm)CarbonBusa Wrote: Might have to trim a fraction more, just loosen the bar end up just to check if that is the end where is is sticking Pi_thumbsup
Done Yes

(30-07-2013, 12:49pm)pete Wrote: hope u have better luck with yours than mine
mine stopped working last night, blowing fuses
traced it back to the block where all the wires
run into, it looks burnt out.
now to find a replacement.

Must have changed design. just 4 little plugs that go together. Plus inline fuse where +ve connects to battery.

(30-07-2013, 10:59am)bazman Wrote: Heya Wardy....

Juz like our mate simmo, you muz be getting soft in ur old age!!! (...says the idiot that swears and curses every time his hands go numb whilst riding over Hotham!!) lol

Twin fans on the Gen 2 warm both nuts equally when stopped at traffic lights too! Trophy
does yours look similar to this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oxford-Heater...58a1cac54a
pete
08 gen 2 grey
[/quote]Twin fans on the Gen 2 warm both nuts equally when stopped at traffic lights too! Trophy[/quote]

10 % better roastie Nuts
(30-07-2013, 05:23pm)Ward P Wrote: Twin fans on the Gen 2 warm both nuts equally when stopped at traffic lights too! Trophy

Wait until summer comes Wardy. It'll be F@&*ing twin fans .. Pi_freak