Tassie Riding in Summer
Did my final ride in Tassie today before I head back to the main land tomorrow evening on the boat. Went from Chudleigh up past Poatina to Bothwell, Hamilton, Derwent Bridge, Queenstown, Anthony Road, Cradle Mountain Road back to Chudleigh. I really like the Derwent Bridge to Queenstown section of road and also the Anthony Rd is my favorite bit of road, so I had to do them again. Very Happy
Not looking forward to riding home in the heat wave on the main landPi_freak
Hope you enjoyed our little State on 2 wheels mate. Was great riding with you, hope to do more net time you're down or when I come north.

At least you got to see we can actually have a summer here.... Damn I love this high 30's heat Coolsmiley

Be safe Biker getting back dude
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Had a ball riding down here and it was good meeting and riding with Tony and Brookesy. I have left some areas unexplored for next time. RollBiker
The road between the Great Lake and Bothwell was boring but the B110 between Bothwell and Hamilton was another gem with great flowing corners.
Mozzie,
It was great having you here and we all enjoyed you towing some northern weather down with you ... BUT...

did you have to take it back too???? Showback

damn mate.. other than a few days of nice 35+ after you left I now have this shit...

and no people it's not a thunder storm...

it's about 15 C and raining with what feels like micro icicles....

yes I know you peeps in the heat wave would say YAY... but us here are saying more COMON!!!!!!!!

please start ur "hot weather dances" soon guys n gals cause I want the feb tour to be hotter and better

Yes
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I can only hope Batfink that the people coming down from NSW bring down warm dry weather and take home some of the tazzie stuff to cool off and dampen up here!!
Made it home this evening after 900+kms and 13hrs traveling time today, with 15 minutes for lunch and a 5-10 min break each fuel stop about every 170-240kms. Now I know what a sore arse feels like plus lower back and fore arm ache.Scary Ride out of Melbourne on Friday was about 600kms with the last 3 hours at 40 degC, not real fun.Idiot2
Saturdays ride was from Yass to South of Newcastle via Cowra, Bathurst, Blue Mountains and Wisemans Ferry.
Did a total of 6580kms for the 2 1/2 weeks.
that's some serious travellin'

(19-01-2014, 05:56pm)Batfink Wrote: please start ur "hot weather dances" soon guys n gals cause I want the feb tour to be hotter and better

Yes

on it !! Pi_thumbsup
Just make sure you've had you airconditioner serviced for when we get there!! Coz we're HOT Boobies4 Coolsmiley
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Keep dancing Batfink the Feb tour will be here fast warm weather would be nice
Biker
Little update on Tassie roads..work has started on Hwy between Tullah and Cradle mountain turnoff again..
couple of sections have bitumen ripped up and road base laid down,still got the ripper grooves so slow traveling on bike.only about 500m long but heavy machinery working on and around it so expect delays any where from 5-20min for each section at the moment.
should be bit better in a week or so..am traveling that way again next week and will let you know if better or worse.
cheers Brookesy
sounds great mate.. I will be doing a fast check on the roads from Scottsdale to St Helens again HEHEHeheheeeeee

and have to see how much of the "extra" roads up to Rosardon have the nasty "G" stuff
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1