Ventura Rack with seat cowl
Does anybody know how to fit the seat cowl while having a ventura rack?What sort of modification do i need to do?
Gen 1 or Gen 2? Do you want to keep the grab handle on as well or lose it?
It all changes how big you need to cut bits out of you hump. Easy job either way with a dremil.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Gen 2 and the grab rail doesn't bother me.
(17-08-2013, 05:04pm)Dai. Wrote: Gen 2 and the grab rail doesn't bother me.

Either way if your planning on running the hump with the rack on ( ugly ) or the grab rail still fitted you would have to cut a recess into the side of the hump where the contact is made Pi_freak. I personal dont like the idea but plenty do it.

If you are just running the rack The best way is to leave the rear seat on & reverse the rack so the load sits on the seat.
Ive lost count of how many of these racks ive seen break
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
I've been running the rack facing backwards for nearly two months,has wet weather gear and a jumper and thats about it.
Hi mate, just my thoughts, Remove the rack and only use it for proper touring trips. Buy yourself a magnetic tank bag. I have an icon tank bag that I received as a gift. Never thought I would use it. As it turns out it is one of the handiest bits of gear that I have. Use it often on 3 different bikes. To be honest the Ventura rack for the Gen IIs are crap. Had to add extra braces to mine. As stated, solo with any load it is better to have the bag sitting on the pillion seat. Paul.