BattleAxe T30
Considered the suspension Paul but I haven't noticed any typical symptoms. There is no scalloping or cold tearing. The tires wear pretty evenly across the width, there are no flat spots or squaring. And I do not ride as hard as other guys I know. Total fricken mystery Confused 3.5 - 4K and that is it. When I read about getting 10-12K out of a set I want to scream...
[/quote]

You're not the odd one out though, others say the same....but not many. how do go front to rear ratio? I replace both at the same time but I'd be a typical 2 to 1. are you the same?
[/quote]

I too change them by the set (other than last time which was sort of an emergency) but usually the front still have some life in it, but I would say less than a half. It is easier that way as I do not have a tire changing machine yet and relay on help from CarbonBusa.
The only thing i noticed on the front is that it looses the normal round profile and gets more of a triangular shape. A bit like you get with excessive rake angle (I even checked that) but more gentle and starting about 10 -15 mm from the edge of a tire.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Your not alone Shifu i couldn't get big milage out of my tyres either 8000 was the best i got from a BT021 but the 015=5000 the 016-5000 which i thought was a rubbish tyre was glad when it wore out and the s20=3000 which i loved but don't expect milage from it. Sold the bike with a conti road attack and that seemed to be working okay but only had 2k 0n it when sold bike.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
It's pretty easy, if you want mileage buy Michellin Pilot Road 2 - I got about 12,000 out of mine, and they were still rounded at the end. Yet I was lucky to get 2,000 out of the Pures. The Dunlop q2s I get a consistent 3,000 out of, but wear the edges out way before middle.

(21-08-2013, 11:15pm)Shifu Wrote: how do go front to rear ratio? I replace both at the same time but I'd be a typical 2 to 1. are you the same?

I too change them by the set (other than last time which was sort of an emergency) but usually the front still have some life in it, but I would say less than a half. It is easier that way as I do not have a tire changing machine yet and relay on help from CarbonBusa.
The only thing i noticed on the front is that it looses the normal round profile and gets more of a triangular shape. A bit like you get with excessive rake angle (I even checked that) but more gentle and starting about 10 -15 mm from the edge of a tire.

If you're more aggressive out of the corners it effect tyre rear wear heaps, quick way to wear out a rear is to try and make up ground by being agressive with the right hand.
Front triangular shape is from braking into the corners. Idealy you should not be touching that front brake at all as you enter a turn, hard sometimes, especially when down hill and/or decreasing apex. I'm always talking to myself when going in too hot "get off the brake, get off brake"
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(22-08-2013, 08:08am)Ward P Wrote: It's pretty easy, if you want mileage buy Michellin Pilot Road 2 - I got about 12,000 out of mine, and they were still rounded at the end. Yet I was lucky to get 2,000 out of the Pures. The Dunlop q2s I get a consistent 3,000 out of, but wear the edges out way before middle.

(21-08-2013, 11:15pm)Shifu Wrote: how do go front to rear ratio? I replace both at the same time but I'd be a typical 2 to 1. are you the same?

If you're more aggressive out of the corners it effect tyre rear wear heaps, quick way to wear out a rear is to try and make up ground by being agressive with the right hand.
Front triangular shape is from braking into the corners. Idealy you should not be touching that front brake at all as you enter a turn, hard sometimes, especially when down hill and/or decreasing apex. I'm always talking to myself when going in too hot "get off the brake, get off brake"

Yeah I see what you mean with the braking. That could be it. Still the rear is a real bummer. I might try these Michelin Pilots next time and see what will happen. Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(22-08-2013, 07:51am)grumpy Wrote: Your not alone Shifu i couldn't get big milage out of my tyres either 8000 was the best i got from a BT021 but the 015=5000 the 016-5000 which i thought was a rubbish tyre was glad when it wore out and the s20=3000 which i loved but don't expect milage from it. Sold the bike with a conti road attack and that seemed to be working okay but only had 2k 0n it when sold bike.

I have run 015 which seemed to wear out pretty quick. Have used Mich 2 and 016 both gave me good millage, but for me I prefer 016 bridgestone. Personal preference only no tyre wars thanks. Have now a set of S20 and happy with them.