Vibration
Since the last major service (48K) my bike seems to vibrate very noticably. I've read all the posts about the 4200 - 4500 rpm harmonic buzz and my bike would do that too. It is accepted that vibration at about these revs is normal. But this new vibration starts at idle and continues through the rev range so that it is there all the time. It is felt throughout the bike - tank, bars, pegs, seat, frame. Despite this the bike runs perfectly. I took it back to the service agent but no joy there. Usual thing, if its out fault we'll fix it otherwise I pay for it. Funny how it wasn't there before the service. The service included th usual oil, filter, plugs, air cleaner, throttle body balance and new front brake pads. Can anyone offer any insight as to what might be causing this?
No replies yet so I have been googling. I thought maybe it could have been a broken engine mount: Found this :

"hayabusa vibration

Hi! have read that some people are having vibration problems with their Hayabusa K8's.

I have had the same problem with my bike and it started at 11750 miles and it is as you described it exactly. The problem was easily solved in my case as the bottom rear engine mount bolt broke off. The bolt is situated behind the side stand bracket an is 250mm x 12mm bolt with nut and goes through the frame, gearbox and frame and is easily changed in about 15 mins. To renew this bolt you need to remove the side stand bracket complete by removing the 2 10mm allen bolt and remove the allen bolt from the trim on the right side.

At the time of finding this problem I was unable to get the bolt from the dealer and so I sourced a bolt from my local bolt sullier as a temp fix.

The fix was instant and all signs of vibration is now gone. "

If it is not this particular mount it could be another.
Hi bg2
I'm guessing nobody replied because nobody knew (plus, it does seem the board has been quieter than ever)

If you do the repair, try to post some photos and we'll make it a "sticky" thread so others can learn from it.
Thanks Pan. Today I pulled the left side fairing off but could not determine any obvious problem. Got sidetracked cleaning inside as this was the first time I had that side off. Started the engine and could see no visible movement. With my hand on the engine I could feel the very subtle vibration that is generated and which seems to carry through to the frame and othe parts of the bike. I'm starting to think that maybe it is normal cos the Busa just can be a vibey engine and can develop peculiaraties depending on exhaust system, tuning etc. or maybe as Paul Simon said "the problem is all inside my head" . Gotta go and make an appointment with the shrink. ha ha
Hi mate. Just a thought, at 48 000 was the chain and sprockets done? For various reasons this could cause the new found vibration, Paul.
Check all bolts for tighness/correct tension? Isnt the frame set up via an adjustable tensioning system??
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(31-08-2013, 08:56pm)cyndemgum Wrote: Hi mate. Just a thought, at 48 000 was the chain and sprockets done? For various reasons this could cause the new found vibration, Paul.

Chain and sprockets done at 42 k except rear sprocket which was ok. Vibration occurs at stand still. I caught up with a mate with the same K9 (also white) yesterday. His bike had exactly the same vibration which seemed most noticeable around 3k revs. Therefore I now think it is normal and have stopped worrying. I now think of it as 'character' or more appropriately a sign of the beast within.

(01-09-2013, 01:56pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Check all bolts for tighness/correct tension? Isnt the frame set up via an adjustable tensioning system??

Hi Steve, see previous post. I think all is ok now. I have read posts (on other forums) where torques have not been correct so If I thought that there was such an issue I would definitely get it checked out. I would not be technical enought to do it myself though. Cheers
ive had my motor out n in a few times,up just make sure its true and driving straight,mines fine ,gen1.
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]