Screen differences?
Can a screen off a 2008 be made to fit a 1999 or is the difference too great!
(07-09-2013, 07:47am)captainrob Wrote: Can a screen off a 2008 be made to fit a 1999 or is the difference too great!

Captain, it seems to me like you are secretly longing for a gen 2 busa Lol3 I saves a lot of time in mods to the brakes, screens, fuel pumps etc. It is time to bite the bullet mate Pi_thumbsup
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
My Gen 2 had a Gen 1 screen tight to get the two bolts in but they did go and just grinded a little of the front where it tucks under the centre of the nose cone
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Pick up double bubble from around $20 on ebay. Heaps more Gen1 than Gen2. Why bother modifying.

. . . but you get what you pay for.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(08-09-2013, 08:45pm)ROD Wrote: My Gen 2 had a Gen 1 screen tight to get the two bolts in but they did go and just grinded a little of the front where it tucks under the centre of the nose cone

I found a carbon fibre screen/cowl of a gen 2 and was wondering whether it could be adjusted and fit the gen 1 trackie - seems pretty close?
(09-09-2013, 09:08am)captainrob Wrote:
(08-09-2013, 08:45pm)ROD Wrote: My Gen 2 had a Gen 1 screen tight to get the two bolts in but they did go and just grinded a little of the front where it tucks under the centre of the nose cone

I found a carbon fibre screen/cowl of a gen 2 and was wondering whether it could be adjusted and fit the gen 1 trackie - seems pretty close?

I see! Pi_thumbsup they are a different shape, but from above post by Rod, sounds like it'd be an easy mod to fit a Gen1 on a Gen2. The other way I'm not so sure Think the Gen 2 screen wouldn't be pointy enough at the front and would leave a gap.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .