Changed my ride
Hi All,

Just an update, i have moved away from Busa (sold mine to Rod) and since then was busy looking at either Gen 1 (Only one bike and that was Brilliant) or the new 2013 Busa with the ABS etc.

But ended up getting a BMW S 1000 RR (and for the first time in all Black)
Very different experience to the busa, with all the electronics in place this new bike is grounded (almost like a married man) instead of the busa that would always challenge you and with no electronics aid it was all rider and his/her luck

The S 1000 RR is about 60 KG lighter then the beast and that was a big change.

Riding the BMW has left me in confused state of mind as on one side its a great bike with all the controls which allows you to focus only on speed and the Busa which made you think every small details to make sure that you are on top of the bike and not other way around.

Having said that, I still have my friends both on the board and (some) off the board and I will see you guys around.

Now if they launch the Gen 3 then I may get a 2010 Gen 2 as second bike.Yes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

nice lookin bike there....
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Bill, bring it to WSID this Thursday night...! Go on!
Oh Bill, I am so jelous Pi_freak That is the bike I would love to add to my garage Pi_thumbsup The traction control on it is trully the state of the art. Now you got busa's power in a package that is 70kg lighter.Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Dats got a big cat in its guts Coolsmiley
(08-10-2013, 07:16pm)Shifu Wrote: Now you got busa's power in a package that is 70kg lighter.Biker

So has Captain Rob! Pi_tongue
Clap Nice
Now Rod has my old exhaust now Lol2
When I posted a similar announcement on another forum some years ago, I got the 'thank you for joining' -' great member input' - 'welcome at any time etc.'

However, I'll just say f*** off and join the BMW forum ;-)

(08-10-2013, 12:52pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: Hi All,

Just an update, i have moved away from Busa (sold mine to Rod) and since then was busy looking at either Gen 1 (Only one bike and that was Brilliant) or the new 2013 Busa with the ABS etc.

But ended up getting a BMW S 1000 RR (and for the first time in all Black)
Very different experience to the busa, with all the electronics in place this new bike is grounded (almost like a married man) instead of the busa that would always challenge you and with no electronics aid it was all rider and his/her luck

The S 1000 RR is about 60 KG lighter then the beast and that was a big change.

Riding the BMW has left me in confused state of mind as on one side its a great bike with all the controls which allows you to focus only on speed and the Busa which made you think every small details to make sure that you are on top of the bike and not other way around.

Having said that, I still have my friends both on the board and (some) off the board and I will see you guys around.

Now if they launch the Gen 3 then I may get a 2010 Gen 2 as second bike.Yes
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Bill, two guys in my group bought new 1000RR's last year. They are a top bike and I'd love to own one myself if I could afford it.
(09-10-2013, 10:36pm)Belzybob Wrote: When I posted a similar announcement on another forum some years ago, I got the 'thank you for joining' -' great member input' - 'welcome at any time etc.'

However, I'll just say f*** off and join the BMW forum ;-)

There is no need to be rude Belzy. Beemer is at least a sport bike. I too get annoyed as people discussing Harleys and cruisers on this forum but a gentle suggestion is all it takes. Bill is a member here for a long time and good all around bloke. In my view the name Harley should be banned entirely on this site (unless preceeded by a word "shite") but we v'e grown here to be tolerant and accepting just like with the boat people coming to Australia Pi_thumbsup
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Very sexy bike Bill, wise choice.
Hi Guys,

Thank you for the kind words and also for support. I know I will hang around here as this is my only club where I am connected more than just forum updates. I know most of you.

I think being on motorcycle is a gift and yes God has been kind towards all of us as we all ride.

I do get the humor in Belzy's comment and Thank you Shifu for your support :)

As such I am still a non-rider as I only ride 10 KM per day and that too only 2 days a week rest of the time either I am with Yash for his ride days or travelling or doing wifely duties.....

Cheers
Bill

(09-10-2013, 08:54pm)simmo Wrote: Clap Nice
Now Rod has my old exhaust now Lol2

Mate, not yet I had to remove the pipes so they are still to be posted.....Confused
Sorry Rod will do it ASAP.. bit slow on this due to work pressure
Very nice Bill,

BMW make a quality product I've owned three of them to date not sports models but I can see the attraction.

Have fun

Jim
I too love those 1000RR BMs but i hate that headlight arrangement, why couldn't they have just had a pair of the same up front and not two of the oval ones but two of the bigger ones, apart from that if i had a spare $30,000 i'd have one or the RSV4 Aprilla.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.