Regulator
Can anyone help?

I was coming home from work today, bumper to bumper traffic, and whilst idling for about 5 minutes the bike dies on me, no dash lights working, no lights no horn no hazard lights, bike wont turn over. Dead. Pulled over and checked the fuses all okay, checked battery terminals. Still no life.

Neighbour picked us up and went back home bike on trailer. Checked battery voltage and its still at 12 something volts and no life, also checked start with original key if it was the immobiliser. Still no start.

The bike has been out in the heat lately and could it be the rectifier has overheated and died. I had the rectifier supposedly replaced with the recall a year ago, is this the problem.

Anyone help?
Your Stator is probably rooted. 500 watts instead of 300 is better any way;

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/part...hheWFidXNh

while your at it replace the regulator-rectifier;

http://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/part...hheWFidXNh

Make sure, you use #? (Super Loctite) bolting the Stator on !!!

Use the "Parts Finder" for correct year model.

So when are you fitting that Dee Why commuter Supercharger ?

Don't know if this will solve your problem.
gen 2 reg rec ive got a brand new one in my hand ,the idiots i bought a gen 1 reg rec off sent me a gen 2/ 80 bucks and post and it yours
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
12 v at the battery should still get something showing, was that with key on or off ?

checked the main fuse at the starter relay and multi meter or test light the rest up front , even if they look good they can still be cracked or burnt inside
Yeah, it was with the key turned on, no power anywhere, not even the dash lighting up. My friends reckon its the regulator so I think I will take up redhead on his offer after the checks Maj suggested. Hate if I had happened out in the sticks.
i bought it for the run to normanville ,i just bought a gen 1 now, when your ready txt me your addy il post it cod ,0401204829 cheers pete
If the battery has power.... and the dash lights don't come on when you turn the key.....

Have you tried charging the battery or jumping it and then seeing if the dash lights up?

This doesn't sound like a reg/rec problem. Sounds like an open circuit. Do as Maj says.
Yeah tried jumping it, the battery charger indicated a full charge too, fuses replaced, still no anything electrical working, dash dead. Just stopped dead in peak hour traffic. I like a bit of a mystery when it comes to bike issues but this one got me stuck. When I get the time will strip the panels and check for a burnt out wire somewhere and other suggestions you guys have given. That's gotta be it.

Otherwise I'm thinking that the bike has got a mind of its own and after the waxing it got the other day it doesn't want to get dirty being ridden....
on one of the earth leads there is a male female plastic plug find this the see if it hasnt burnt out ,but try earthing the battery straight to the frame to see if this helps,
Still have to check the battery fuse box under the seat , only way to get to it is remove the tail. Next port of call.
Can I suggest checking the Connectors at the ECU. Maybe they vibrated loose if were not fully pushed home. Just a thought.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
just been checking over wiring diagram... not sure if it helps but
Check 30A main fuse
Check power to starter relay
from there you get power to all your systems... if the relay or main fuse is knackered your bike will get nothing
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!