Helibars
I did a [/b] fairly long ride a couple of weeks ago and noticed my hips were cramping up a bit. I thought Helibars may help. Has anyone fitted the Helibars to their gen 2. If so, is the improvement noticeable? Any issues ? The attached link indicates that it will reduce forward lean by 5 deg and increase hip angle by 4 deg ( I am 6 ' 3 ").

http://cycle-ergo.com/

It would be great if someone local has done this so I can have a sit to feel the difference.
(08-11-2013, 05:37pm)Busagen2 Wrote: I did a [/b] fairly long ride a couple of weeks ago and noticed my hips were cramping up a bit. I thought Helibars may help. Has anyone fitted the Helibars to their gen 2. If so, is the improvement noticeable? Any issues ? The attached link indicates that it will reduce forward lean by 5 deg and increase hip angle by 4 deg ( I am 6 ' 3 ").

It would be great if someone local has done this so I can have a sit to feel the difference.

If that doesn't get you up far enough, I've done the topyolk thing! raised em up considerably, eases the hips and back remarkedly and takes a heap of weight off your wrists - Gen 1 that is, they would be the same on the Gen 2 I reckon.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(08-11-2013, 05:37pm)Busagen2 Wrote: I did a [/b] fairly long ride a couple of weeks ago and noticed my hips were cramping up a bit. I thought Helibars may help. Has anyone fitted the Helibars to their gen 2. If so, is the improvement noticeable? Any issues ? The attached link indicates that it will reduce forward lean by 5 deg and increase hip angle by 4 deg ( I am 6 ' 3 ").

I put rear-sets (Vortex) on as they enabled me to tuck the knees into the tank and grip much better than the standard pegs. With two dodgy knees and an arthritic hip I regularly do quick 250-300km runs without a problem.

Heli-bars are for commuters with weak wrists (IMHO).
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I had Helibars and Vario footpegs on my Gen11 which lifted you up abit with the bars and dropped the footpegs which also took some pressure off the knees and hips.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(09-11-2013, 06:38am)grumpy Wrote: I had Helibars and Vario footpegs on my Gen11 which lifted you up abit with the bars and dropped the footpegs which also took some pressure off the knees and hips.

Cheers, that's what I was hoping to hear. No probs with the knees just the hips. However a bit of extra leg length would be good. Vario footpegs I've not heard of before only Buell pegs. I will google it.

Sit long enough in a position gonna make u wanna stretch some. I have helis Where in Perth are u?
Helibars, and vortex rearsets - you need both together. And also consider changing/ modifying the seat.
(I've always wondered what dimensions the bike designers use as a 'standard' person - what does thus dude look like?!)
Tom cruise
Mr. Bean
Xena
Hunchback of Notre dam
Shrek
(09-11-2013, 09:27pm)Busagen2 Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 06:38am)grumpy Wrote: I had Helibars and Vario footpegs on my Gen11 which lifted you up abit with the bars and dropped the footpegs which also took some pressure off the knees and hips.

Cheers, that's what I was hoping to hear. No probs with the knees just the hips. However a bit of extra leg length would be good. Vario footpegs I've not heard of before only Buell pegs. I will google it.

Shame your not in N.Z. as i took my vario footpegs off my busa when i sold it, they are good because they have a 360 degree turn and have about inch and a half drop or raise they were worth the money.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(10-11-2013, 05:23am)captainrob Wrote: Helibars, and vortex rearsets - you need both together. And also consider changing/ modifying the seat.
(I've always wondered what dimensions the bike designers use as a 'standard' person - what does thus dude look like?!)
Tom cruise
Mr. Bean
Xena
Hunchback of Notre dam
Shrek

Tom Cruise - come on Cap, we're talkin' bikes not sofas
Mr. Bean - god forbid
Xena - mmm, fantasy pillion maybe
Hunchback - quite possibly
Shrek - whoa, easy there Cap'n
Lol3Lol3Lol3Lol3
[Image: 315097_bbc61368f055803f7b2dc3780c497239_large.jpg]

?wot wot? helibars you say?

Thompy.
Hot Coffee , Fast :Biker:

Diesel.
I have a set on 2000 model they are good but when you turn sharp left the throttle cable is short and it revs the engine!
(12-11-2013, 03:11pm)gcbusa Wrote: I have a set on 2000 model they are good but when you turn sharp left the throttle cable is short and it revs the engine!

FAAAARK!
That must be fun!
(12-11-2013, 03:11pm)gcbusa Wrote: I have a set on 2000 model they are good but when you turn sharp left the throttle cable is short and it revs the engine!

Did you re route your fast idle cable? If not, that is probably the cause and not the throttle cable itself.
No I havnt bought bike with them on, will look into it, any ideas would help. Cheers

I just put 20mm bar risers on my 99 and have no issues with evs or any other cable/line. Though I will admit that I would not lie to go any higher without replacing brake/clutch lines with longer ones. Also I have only a few mm clearance with screen (and it's a double bubble type) on both full left and right lock
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!