Custom Leathers
I've been told to look towards the land of the long white cloud for custom made leathers. Has anyone had dealings with Qmoto ?
Can anyone recommend them or otherwise that has purchased custom leathers?

Also we are in the early stages of planning to ship our bikes over to NZ.
Any tips re roads, best time of year to come over etc ?

Cheers

dad1300 Oz
'Now where did I leave my slippers' Ghastly
Best times always the summer but i'd say after the schools have gone back so after the beginning of Feb and thats normally when we get the best weather, there are some beautiful roads in the south island and hopefully one of the south island boys will chime in with where they are. Both islands have great roads but the south has the best scenery.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
[quote='grumpy' pid='291952' dateline='1384721200']

Thanks Grumpy, yeah I have some homework to do but local advice is always the best advice. So it's thumbs up for say mid-Fedruary.

It will be good to get away from the heat and bushfires over here mate.

Cheers

dad
We have a place here in Palmerston North that are doing full one or two piece leather race suits for $450-500. They are on our Trade me website and you pay for the leathers and they send out a measurement form and you can have other stuff on the suits at a extra price. They are getting good feedback about thier leathers.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(18-11-2013, 06:46am)grumpy Wrote: Best times always the summer but i'd say after the schools have gone back so after the beginning of Feb and thats normally when we get the best weather, there are some beautiful roads in the south island and hopefully one of the south island boys will chime in with where they are. Both islands have great roads but the south has the best scenery.

Thanks Grump,
I have chimed into a Christchurch Bike Club and have received some good info. I've travelled the South Island by Mobile home only and your right, a beautiful part of the world

Cheers

dad1300

(08-01-2014, 05:54am)grumpy Wrote: We have a place here in Palmerston North that are doing full one or two piece leather race suits for $450-500. They are on our Trade me website and you pay for the leathers and they send out a measurement form and you can have other stuff on the suits at a extra price. They are getting good feedback about thier leathers.

A great price for sure. I received my Qmoto leathers and while expensive for something made to spec in Pakistan, have all the good gear. Full race spec with hump, 3 stitch Kevlar, CE approved Knox Amour, YKK zips. The missus measured me up (they recommend a seamstress) they sent over a Dummy suite to test measurements then the real deal. Fitted perfectly.

Cheers

dad1300