Shannons
Just a quick one ..
Does anyone in the club have their bike insured with Shannons?
I just tried to get a quote over the internet but the Hayabusa isn't even on the list .. Wtf
I did for a long, long time, but not at this particular moment....which doesn't really help you much, does it!?! lol
Re Shannon's quote

Hey Dale have you tried ringing it through???.I went down that path a couple of months ago and found them reasonable to deal with over the phone as well as the person I spoke to knew what a busa was.
Hey, soz to thread-jack....but we're heading down to Berry show ground markets very soon (11:30am), if u & the missus are up for a ride?!?
Yep, I have the Hayabusa insured with Shannons along with a couple of other bikes and the car. The young bloke I spoke to on the phone was in the market for a Hayabusa himself, knew all the facts and figures. Shannons doesn't like daily riders (so no one ever rides their bike to work every day...).

I have never made a claim with them but my brother has and they were reasonable to deal with.

Cheers Rich
I'm with shannons - had to call them & found them pretty good to deal with over the phone but haven't made a claim with them.
I've got my Busa insured with Shannon's, as well as a couple cars (including my daily driver). Have had to ring them up a couple times over the past few years to negotiate a better price when policy has been up for renewal. They've always been able to offer good premiums when I've asked them to compete against other quotes. Even if their price ends up slightly higher than other quotes I'm happy to stay with them because of their reputation for hassle free claims. Luckily, I've never had to make a claim with them in the 8 years I've had insurance with them.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
Thanks for the feedback guys Pi_thumbsup
Unfortuneately (for Shannons), I'm one of these people that doesn't like phone calls, I'd rather face to face or a simple quote over the net.
I'm paying $659 a year now, so even if Shannons could beat that, I am guessing it wouldn't be by much. I was just curious more than anything else. I may give Shannons a call when it's up for renewal ..
Hey Dale, my insurance for the 99 at an agreed value of $12,000 is just over $500/year.. It's with Swan insurance and they gave me a price over the net
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(08-12-2013, 02:43pm)Batfink Wrote: Hey Dale, my insurance for the 99 at an agreed value of $12,000 is just over $500/year.. It's with Swan insurance and they gave me a price over the net

I just switched from Swann Tony, as they tried to get greedy when I was up for renewal. I will give them another try when it's up for renewal though ..
Funnily enough, IMR was the best value when I had the '01, but they are now up there as one of the dearest Idiot2
Tried Insure My Ride??????
(08-12-2013, 03:49pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Tried Insure My Ride??????

As I said, they were the dearest

Sorry CeeJay, that sounded a bit blunt (It wasn't meant to .. Pi_thumbsup). When I bought my first busa, IMR was the cheapest by far, so I stayed with them for a couple of years. Now I have the new bike, IMR are the most expensive. Maybe they don't like insuring new (near new) bikes, who knows .. Confused
i rang after work one evening spoke to a bloke at shannons who actually owns a gen 2busa i got my gen 1 insured for agreed value 10k cost me 66 bucks a month
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
(08-12-2013, 06:47pm)revhead Wrote: i rang after work one evening spoke to a bloke at shannons who actually owns a gen 2busa i got my gen 1 insured for agreed value 10k cost me 66 bucks a month

I got a quote recently with Shannons for three bikes and my 4WD for $1489 for the four vehicles. The CBX and DRZ were listed as low usage.
(08-12-2013, 06:47pm)revhead Wrote: i rang after work one evening spoke to a bloke at shannons who actually owns a gen 2busa i got my gen 1 insured for agreed value 10k cost me 66 bucks a month

Maybe I'm on a pretty good wicket already. I currently pay $59 / month for a 2012 at market value