Tassie Tour 15-17 FEB 2014
3 DAY NORTH/EAST TOUR

A 3 day tour that takes in the north-central twists and sights, the north-east twists and sights and the east-south twists and sights. Starting at Devonport and ending in Richmond allowing the group to merge and change as needed depending on what day and where we are.....

Day 1 Starts on Saturday Wardy and crew land...

DAY 1
Devonport - Penguin - Gunns Plains - Lake Barrington - Sheffield - Devonport

A nice 180 klm ride taking about 4 hours in the saddle with a few stops for pictures and food. Roads ranging from highways to coast hugging to mountain terrain with lots of twists and turns. Everything to enjoy the North-Central Tasmania.

End of day options are to ride to Launceston with me and Volvi to meet us in the morning for breakfast and DAY 2 riding or to stay around Devonport to greet him when he gets off the Spirit

DAY 2
Launceston - Bridport - Blue Lakes - Pub in the Paddock - Bay of Fires - St Helens - St Marys

This day has a few more kilometers involved totaling about 420. There will be nearly 7 hours of saddle work plus many places to stop for relax. After a good breakfast at my place we will ride to the lovely coastal town of Bridport for pictures and a look, then a quick burst to a nearby town for fuel before starting a day of twists and sights. The road through to St Helens is fun filled but we will be leaving it to view the blue lakes of Mount Cameron and lunch at the Pub in the Paddock. From there another detour will be to see the red rock of Bay of Fires before heading into St Helens for fuel. Finally we will be playing on the Targa Tasmania St Marys Pass segment before stopping at the St Marys pub for the night. (costs to be worked out) The small country town is literally middle of no-where with nothing LOL

DAY 3
St Marys - Elephant Pass - Bicheno - Coles Bay - Swansea - Richmond

Not as bad as Day 2 as the group is expected to break up once at Richmond and go separate ways. Because of this the planned route is only about 250 klm ending at Richmond. By being at Richmond by 2-3pm there will be plenty of daylight left to get to either back up north (me), west coast or further south to Hobart. There is also a nice ride to Port Arthur with lots of accommodation if pre booked.

The day will start with Pancakes at Mount Elephant before completing Elephant Pass (the only windy bit on east coast left now is whats called the Sidling which is between Launceston and Scottsdale) then on to Bicheno for some fuel and off to Coles Bay to view the Hazards. There are many places to top for pictures and no pressure to ride hard.... There is a nice coffee shop or 3 in Swansea for a early lunch or late brunch before cruising the east cost down to Richmond.

TOTAL TRAVEL DISTANCE 840+ klm from Devonport to Richmond

Tour finishes at Richmond at an expected time of 3 pm which will give others plenty of time to get to the places they want to go...

Richmond to Queenstown about 265 Ks and 3.5 hours

Richmond to Port Arthur about 85 Ks and 1 hour

Richmond to Hobart about 25 Ks and 20 min

Richmond to Launceston about 175 Ks and 2 hours...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Definitely looks like a great well thought out trip. Pi_thumbsup
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Trying to give u all the best Tassie experience possible without going into a full paid tour service lol

Donations are gladly accepted to the "Batty Needs Beer" Foundation

Got back prices from St Marys Pub... Looking at $40 per head.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Bump
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(18-12-2013, 05:54pm)Batfink Wrote: Got back prices from St Marys Pub... Looking at $40 per head.

What I have Heard on the last Big trip to Tassie a couple of years ago You could Get Head a lot cheaper than $40 But would need to confirm with Bruce And Heidi on That Lol2

What day is Day one
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(26-12-2013, 02:49pm)ROD Wrote:
(18-12-2013, 05:54pm)Batfink Wrote: Got back prices from St Marys Pub... Looking at $40 per head.

What I have Heard on the last Big trip to Tassie a couple of years ago You could Get Head a lot cheaper than $40 But would need to confirm with Bruce And Heidi on That Lol2

What day is Day one

yeah there can be cheaper... but when in Tassie it friggin idiotic sometimes

what is normally a price reducer (eg more than 4 people) can be a price increaser here... I was just thinking that St marys pub would be a nice starter for breakfast at Mount elephant pancakes....

Day 1 is on the Saturday if Volvi comes over Sunday and every1 wants to wait for him... otherwise Saturday becomes day 2 and day 1 never existed

BTW... who would be interested in a yearly tour... Melbourne - Tassie - PI entry .... pricses include getting form melbourne to entry to PI and all over Tassie??? can provide breakdown (i know busa DON'T break down) vehicle and mechanic if needed, all nights beds and meals covered...

was talking to the better half and I could take unpaid time off work to run it???

anyway...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(26-12-2013, 02:49pm)ROD Wrote:

What day is Day one

I think it went straight over Tony's head Rod ..
Ok to make life easier (for me) Ive changed my departure date to Friday same as Wardsy and party. So we will all get off together and no need trying to meet up here or there (only cost $29 to change date). I have absolutely no plans seeing Tony is doing a great job planning it all out. Of course we are there longer then a 2 day ride, so if you cud add some plans for the extra days would be great. Dont have to be all riding.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
That's great to hear you're landing at the same time Volvi... We will all get to do the easy day1 tour around guns plain etc..
I can find some good rides for you all to get you back to boat via west coast...
And throw in some touristy things too. Lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

im booked to stay in Hobart central Thursday arvo 20th till Sat.22 when I'll be meandering back to Davenport. Am considering staying in or around Port Arthur before that on Wed.arvo 19th. and do the 7;30pm ghost tour. Sat.& Sun.Mon. days 1,2 & 3 of tour, leaving me Tues.Wed towards PA. open so far. my plans are not fixed in stone tho.
Sounds like a great idea Volvi,

I would suggest going to Port Arthur on day 3 (Menday) as we will be only an hour away in Richmond at about 3pm latest... The night tour will be fantastic and you should be able to get some daytime in on the day you get there plus the following morning.

As you don't need to be in Hobart until Thursday I would then suggest to ride over to the west coast... Queenstown, Zeehan... GOOFTROOP should be able to give you a better indication of what to do but if you leave a Port Arthur after lunch on Tuesday you will make Queenstown before dinner. Stay 2 nights so you can relax a bit...

When back in Hobart on Thursday don't miss out on going to e Airwalk at Tahune and seeing the Huron valley.. Some very nice scenery, rides and roads down there

Give me a call on e Saturday you're heading back to boat and I will catch up with you for a coffee or quiet beer... There was a nice small town pub at Ross that has changed hands. Haven't had the chance to try new owners beer techniques yet LOL

Can every1 that wants to try this 3 day tour please pm me so I can try to start organising stuff like accommodation LOL

So far you will need
night 1 in Launceston... I have a king single bed available I was holding for GOOFTROOP
Night 2 can be booked at St Marys for $40/person. Will need to do this ASAP
Rest of nights will be all up to where ever you will be... Just remember if up north or in Launceston give me a call
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

can you book me first 2 nights whatever group going with. ive booked Richmond for 3rd night, hard to find there anything.

PS, I think Day 1 now ends in Launceston.
Awesome News Volvi. This is all coming together now.
We should work out a rendevous point in Melbourne. Any suggestions? I figure our group should all get down there around 3.30-4pm ish. (check-in from 5pm and departure at 7.30pm) Any suggestions on where to meetup?

I also haven't booked anything in Tassie yet. . . so I'd better get to it- just trying to get christmas and New Year out of the way 1st. -still doin' the one armed bricklayer in Bagdad impersonation atm.

Bit confused now. :Embarassed

Is Day 1 still Day 1?

or with Volvi coming over on the Friday as well - is Old Day 2 now New Day 1 and old Day 1 is no more. Making old Day3 now New Day2 ???? Idiot2

Was old Day 1 really good so it stays and we keep Day1, Day2, Day3

my brain is hurting . . . Pi_freak
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Goddamit Wardy.... I just finished doing 40 metres of 6 foot double pailing fence and I have no hope of working out wat the heck you just said LOL

Knuppel2

Lets see...

Every1 ,including Volvi, gets off boat Saturday morning which will now officially be called day 1 ( I will notify Tasmanian Government about this so they can change all the local calenders) you may want to tell Volvi where you all are staying so he can join in LOL

If you like steak we can go the Jail House Grill on Saturday night in launceston...
Or a simple barbie on our deck...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Wardsy, good meet up point is either The London (which may be closed seeking new owner) which is on the roundabout 100 meters before the boat or further back up 20 meters theres another eatery Reds something corner Stokes Street. so either of those places say around 4ish.
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=london...CAgQ_AUoAg

Yea please let me know what plans any have for staying in Launceston which will be the end of the 1st day ride, so I can join in.

Tony Im happy to go along with any plans, your deck or grill, perhaps grill ya dont wanna be bothering setting up food and buying it all.