Pilot power 3 rears are crap.
After fitting PP3s to my litre bike I always had the feeling that the rear grip level was different compared directly with a PP2ct. Anyway got used to them consistently spinning up on the edges and if anything they have improved my bike control under power out of corners. Last Friday I fitted a new sportmax q2 that I had stockpiled and did 5 or 6 blasts of the Oxley over the weekend. In short the PP3 rears are absolute rubbish. In comparison the feedback is poor and the grip levels on the supposed performance portion of the tyre is adequate at best. Can only imagine how bad they are with the torque and weight of a Busa. Strange part is that the front PP3 is pretty much on par with any other front tyre that I have run including racetechs. I would be happy to run a PP3 front on the gen 2 but I won't be running another rear on any of my bikes. Point of the thread, imo if you ride your Busa in a spirited fashion give the PP3 rears a miss. Paul.
Good honest review mate
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
exactly how I felt about the Pilot Pures. - just hated them.

Found the original PP2ct on front and Pilot Road 2 on rear was a nice everyday combination though. (have not tried a 3)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I have PP3's on my 08 Busa, I think they are awesome.
Yes
I,m currently running an original pilot power front, with a pp3 and found it a good combo.Am interested the mileage you got out of the pp3 that you were running??
ive got pure 3 on mine front and back ,the back will squirm around a bit out of corners on hard acceleration but it hasnt let go yet ,i did a bit of a blast up the oxley on sunday with my daughter on the back, bike didnt move ,and we were cracking along
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
(22-01-2014, 06:01pm)busarat Wrote: I,m currently running an original pilot power front, with a pp3 and found it a good combo.Am interested the mileage you got out of the pp3 that you were running??
Around 4000 ks. All on the Oxley and pretty much pinned most of the time. That's about double what I get out of a PP 2ct rear. Just by seat of the pants feel the Pilot road 2s when properly warmed provide a similar grip level to the PP3 rear sports tyres. To each their own but I bet it is not long before Michelin bring out a replacement for the PP3. On the 1000,busa and blackbird I have run the following tyres, conti forces, motions, road attacks and race attacks. metzeler m1 spotechs, m3 sportechs and k2 racetechs. bridgestone bt016 and bt014. Michelin pilot roads, pilot sports, pilot road 2s, pilot powers, many sets of pilot power 2cts, pilot power 3s. Dunlop sportmax q2. Have spent considerable time on other bikes on pures, angels, corsas, shinkos, m5s blah, blah ,blah and for the money and hype ,imo the PP3 rears just don't have it. Not saying don't buy them just don't expect them to match the performance of your busa. Paul.
I've got PP3's on at the moment (2nd set), and although I have enjoyed them so far, I have not been that hard on these yet to really find out.
I have noticed I've been able to consistently carry higher mid-corner speed with them then any other tyre I've had, and have not required
as much rapid acceleration on exit as I had done in the past. I think if anything I've actually become smoother in, mid and exit with these.

I would not use them at all if I knew I was going for a mountain blast or trackday, but for an everyday tyre with reasonably good performance that
will handle quite a few K's on them...they are quite good.
Michelin have released their PP4 with hard compound in center and medium compound on the edges where the PP3s was medium center and soft edges, i was always on the understanding that the PP3s were a better wet weather tyre. I'm running the pilot power 2ct on my b-king and love them i'm down to no chicken strip now.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
I had Power Pure's for years and really liked them, they were confidence inspiring and consistent, with very few slides. Since Michelin discontinued them, I've got a set of the latest Pilot Powers and I find them crap. The rear has really poor grip from cold and even in spring (20 degree days) its slipping and sliding around. I've recently replaced the front Pure with a Power and it's less stable and more flightly (odd since the Pure's were supposed to be one of the lightest and faster steering tyres around). I won't be getting another pair of them.
I was under the impression that the Busa was a bit heavy for Pilot Pures and Pilot Power as they were designed for lighter sport bikes. I've always run Pilot Roads and had no problems, even on track days. As with any tyre, pressures and riding style make a big difference.