Are hondas good cars?
I want to know that are honda's reliable cars?
I work for RACQ and seldom see a Honda for anything other than batteries flat tyres and keys locked inside
yes very.

maybe a little boring, but blood good quallity and build
'cept when they break, then expensive . . . but isn't everything new these days.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(25-01-2014, 09:10pm)Ward P Wrote: 'cept when they break, then expensive . . . but isn't everything new these days.

Someone at my work had the engine mounts on his Mr's Civic replaced , think one of the more expensive ones was about $300 Scary
nowdays hondas are made in thailand so i would not rate them as good as before,but they might still be alright.
dont believe the salespeople,when they say that made in thailand does not affect the quality of the cars,because it does.
Honda was one of the first mass produced Jap cars on the market. They chose to use a high quality of build, finish and materials which created an exceptionally reliable car. Their reputation grew quickly until they were considered an elite vehicle, and prices accordingly. However since the 90s they have used the same quality,finish and materials that a majority of Asian produced cars, even to the point of now no longer being produced.
I now see the Hondas as an equal vehicle to any other on the road.... If you are looking for a small/medium car then check the NRMA site for best cars of each year... BTaw Honda has not won any of the recent categories????????
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
We have a Nov 2010 Civic sport...not very sporty not very fast or very good at anything except using petrol. The brakes are vague and the steering pulls to one side or the other depending upon camber. We have mentioned this to the service people but, of course, they cannot find anything wrong. To put it into perspective my Triton pickup is better braked and more fun to drive...also more comfortable seats. A very boring car and not built to the old Honda quality level since moving production to Thailand I suspect. First and last Honda I will ever own.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(26-01-2014, 12:23pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: We have a Nov 2010 Civic sport...not very sporty not very fast or very good at anything except using petrol. The brakes are vague and the steering pulls to one side or the other depending upon camber. We have mentioned this to the service people but, of course, they cannot find anything wrong. To put it into perspective my Triton pickup is better braked and more fun to drive...also more comfortable seats. A very boring car and not built to the old Honda quality level since moving production to Thailand I suspect. First and last Honda I will ever own.

You've hit the nail on the head Steve.
Thailand production was never gonna help quality or refinement.
At least they retained the Honda standard of "BORING" though.Pi_tongue
Lol3Lol3Lol3
Yes but I dont know where Honda put performance...it certainly isnt under my bonnet. A few years back I had a 2 litre Camry of 1988 vintage that went much better and had far superior fuel economy better seats too. Honda's are probably still reliable I would say but so was the Camry and a better car to boot.
i run Perth Honda Club in welll.....Perth.

i have three honda, they r bloody good car mate.

i have a civic 94 hatch swapped engine with integra and turboed, a s2000 and a honda legend 2006.

i love honda Very Happy

i used to have a 1984 honda city turbo 2, and it starts every time even tho its older than me.
Yeah well thats then and this is now...moving to Thailand Honda left the quality and performance behind...simple...ours is crap...no idea what others are like.

I know a friend recently bought a Mazda over a Honda and he had owned several Honda's in the past. I asked him why, (this was after we bought the civic) he basically said what I am saying about them...he was looking at an Accord so it looks like Honda have the same problems across some if not all their range. I also bought a Honda based on their reputation...turns out that was a waste of time and money. Ah well the old saying buyer beware is certainly still good advice.
have u driven the civic type R, the FN2 model? the legend 2005 upward?

the accord new one??
the euro CL9 2002 model?

they r all good car.

even the Jazz is a good car for what it is.
(25-01-2014, 04:26pm)batool100 Wrote: I want to know that are honda's reliable cars?

if you are looking at 2nd hand cars and want good value and reliable I would do the following.....

for cars 10-15 years old I would go for Honda, Toyota and Mazda.

for cars 5-10 years old Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai .

cars under 5 years old Kia, Daewoo, Hyundai.

All these makes have shown to be reliable for their age and good value for money in my opinion... of course if you want to spend $30-40K buy a 2008 Honda Legend or any smell-mid ranged NEW car Pi_thumbsup

now for the abuse cause I like the new Korean cars Knuppel2

Cheers

BTW connorl..

IMO a small 4 door shopping trolley with some bells and whistles like the Jazz should never be as much as $18K+

I am not saying Honda's are bad cars, just that they rely on their past reputation to over charge for what you are now getting..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
secondhand legend 2008 for 24k ish

i got my 2006 for 21k