Dunlop Sportmax Q3s.
Ordered a set of Q2s last week but the sale fell through as they did not realise they had run out of 55 series rears. Anyway after reading some reviews I thought I might give the Q3s a try. Anybody had any experience with them? Thanks, Paul.
no, but interested in your appraisal of them on the 'busa. I tried to buy a set of Q2s last time and got sportmax sportsmart by mistake. Felt great on road and track, even when worn right down.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Yeah thanks Ward, I intend on running them on my litre bike. Very happy with the Q2s but apparently the 3s are even better. Running a Q2 on the front of the gen2 and a Pilot road 3 on the rear. As you know the Busas are very hard on full sport rears. I have just emailed Rocky Mountain atv and asked how much it will cost for 2 sets posted to Aus. If they come up with a good deal I will get back with the details. Have a blast, Paul.
(02-03-2014, 07:52pm)cyndemgum Wrote: Yeah thanks Ward, I intend on running them on my litre bike. Very happy with the Q2s but apparently the 3s are even better. Running a Q2 on the front of the gen2 and a Pilot road 3 on the rear. As you know the Busas are very hard on full sport rears. I have just emailed Rocky Mountain atv and asked how much it will cost for 2 sets posted to Aus. If they come up with a good deal I will get back with the details. Have a blast, Paul.

Hi Paul, was getting ready to get in touch with Rocky Mountain as well as Jake Wilson Team from US and ask for a good deal on Mich PR3 set or a Metzeler M5 set and noticed your post. Both websites quoted initially about $75 for one set but once I added second set of tires shipping fee was $95. I started looking and will buy a set soonish, hence keen to join someone from forum to split shipping charges. Though, not sure where you are but I'm based in Sydney. Keep us posted anyway...
Cheers B
(02-03-2014, 08:51pm)Mr BYO Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 07:52pm)cyndemgum Wrote: Yeah thanks Ward, I intend on running them on my litre bike. Very happy with the Q2s but apparently the 3s are even better. Running a Q2 on the front of the gen2 and a Pilot road 3 on the rear. As you know the Busas are very hard on full sport rears. I have just emailed Rocky Mountain atv and asked how much it will cost for 2 sets posted to Aus. If they come up with a good deal I will get back with the details. Have a blast, Paul.

Hi Paul, was getting ready to get in touch with Rocky Mountain as well as Jake Wilson Team from US and ask for a good deal on Mich PR3 set or a Metzeler M5 set and noticed your post. Both websites quoted initially about $75 for one set but once I added second set of tires shipping fee was $95. I started looking and will buy a set soonish, hence keen to join someone from forum to split shipping charges. Though, not sure where you are but I'm based in Sydney. Keep us posted anyway...
Cheers B
Thanks mate, but I am at Armidale NSW. Motomummy in the states are doing what appears to be a good deal on q3s. I am waiting for them and rocky mountain to give me a price on 2 sets shipped to Australia.
(02-03-2014, 08:51pm)Mr BYO Wrote:

Cheers B

Jake Wilson & Rocky Mountain are one in the same....one wholesaler operating two businesses out of the same warehouse.
Whaddya mean there's no bourbon left????
Scary Wtf
(02-03-2014, 07:19pm)Ward P Wrote: no, but interested in your appraisal of them on the 'busa. I tried to buy a set of Q2s last time and got sportmax sportsmart by mistake. Felt great on road and track, even when worn right down.
Doubt that you would be disappointed with the Q3s Ward. Even better than the Q2s. Can't imagine that they will wear well. A little stiffer in the casing and probably worth running them a couple of psi under the Q2 pressures. They hook up out of an apex a little earlier than the Q2s and don't leave as much of a rubber line behind. Certainly on par with Pirelli Supercorsas and much cheaper to purchase. All the best, Paul.