2012 zx14
Hey guys, has anyone had any experience on a 2012 and up zx14? I never liked them much after having 3 busas ( gen 1s) but the write up against the new busa says the zx14 is a faster, better handling bike, don't want to start a war just asking? Thanx
I owe I owe,so it's off to work I go!!!

Hi mate,

I have two mates with zx14, they are happy with them, they look good. They say brakes are better, about the faster bit it might be on documents but at the end of the day is the guy on the throttle control that will make the difference, funny I say that the two zx14 guys is exactly opposite one is very fast the other one would be fine with zx250 hehe.
I think it all comes down to looks. Gen 11s are great as well. ZX14 with a bit of bling look good as well.
Good luck.
I've ridden one BB. It's amazing! Still looks ugly though.

Comfort is good. Power is brilliant, with 1441cc's and electronics to stop the nose from lifting, wheel from spinning etc, it is an easy bike to ride. Tipping into corners felt okay, but I uess you'd set it up for your riding before you compare a test bike to your own Busa.

Verdict: I like looking at my Busa after I ride, so I'd stick to a Busa and go big bore, or turbo.
(10-03-2014, 09:50pm)pan Wrote: I've ridden one BB. It's amazing! Still looks ugly though.

Comfort is good. Power is brilliant, with 1441cc's and electronics to stop the nose from lifting, wheel from spinning etc, it is an easy bike to ride. Tipping into corners felt okay, but I uess you'd set it up for your riding before you compare a test bike to your own Busa.

Verdict: I like looking at my Busa after I ride, so I'd stick to a Busa and go big bore, or turbo.

Know 2 x people with new 14's. All the electronics, inc distance to empty, real time consumption & Traction control are a big step in the right direction & yes they have more real world HP avail @ the rear tyre. Ugly yes, but luckily HP beats ugly every time in my books.
For the same money you would have to be one eyed to not take a very seriuous look at them IMO.
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
(10-03-2014, 09:50pm)pan Wrote: I've ridden one BB. It's amazing! Still looks ugly though.

Let me know if you get serious about a big bore or turbo, I might be able to help you out Pi_thumbsup

Leonard.
Yeh, thanks Leonard. Don't think I could handle it. I'd probably just take photos of it and ask others to ride it for me...
(11-03-2014, 12:43pm)pan Wrote: Yeh, thanks Leonard. Don't think I could handle it. I'd probably just take photos of it and ask others to ride it for me...

No problems mate, seems to be the current trend.....
Wonder if a ZX1400 forum has people asking the same about Busa's??
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(11-03-2014, 02:09pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Wonder if a ZX1400 forum has people asking the same about Busa's??

They're not too complimentary about busas anymore now that they are claiming the No1 spot the busas have held since '99. I will give them credit though, the 14r is a damn good bike. Good all-round improvement on their gen 2 version. The ball is now firmly in Suzukis' court. Will they return serve?
(11-03-2014, 02:31pm)jamie Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 02:09pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Wonder if a ZX1400 forum has people asking the same about Busa's??

They're not too complimentary about busas anymore now that they are claiming the No1 spot the busas have held since '99. I will give them credit though, the 14r is a damn good bike. Good all-round improvement on their gen 2 version. The ball is now firmly in Suzukis' court. Will they return serve?

HAHAHAHAhahahaahahaahahahaaaaaaaaa

I am sorry to inform then that the busa was the LAST bike to actually hold that title and until they re-start it then no amount of stats, specs, speculation and rhetoric will change that Yes

As i say to many "king of the tarmac" boys..

"and what year did your bike get the fastest production bike title"

at least with the Blackbird they did hold it until Suzuki got o the scene
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I agree Bat. Its their thinking though, not mine. The 14 will never have the status the busa has had for years. They have to earn that....Pi_thumbsup
Around the time I bought my 'busa the only other bike I was considering was the zx14.......my interest being in the size of the bike more than which was faster......more hp.......Yada yada.....

Both were satisfactory, although my mind was leaning towards the Suzuki because of its heritage....

So I took my missus out to Savage Suzuki in Midland where they had both available used.....and let her tell me what she thought. Without hesitation she said to buy the 'busa there and then - the Kwaka lacked the style and presence in her view, and not the view of someone who is that 'into' bikes. I don't think she had ever seen either bike in the flesh.

Each to their own. I have what I want. Healthy rivalry is good for us all.......otherwise there would be no incentive for manufacturers to improve their offerings.

The group I ride with, one of the blokes has a new 14. Very strong bike. Handles very well. I can't shake it with my Genll. Power wheelies well when the Busa just can't. I don't think it looks to bad myself (in black). He says it's got 30 more hp mid range over the Busa. Never looked it up-I believe it when riding with it. Still the busa's doing ok for something that was designed in like '06-'07 I think. But there WELL overdue for a revamp I think. In this day and age you can no longer get away with 10 year stints without a major change.
The Busa cannot really change its shape too much as it is pretty close aerodynamic wise.

My view?...easier to beat a benchmark than set it.

I also rode a brand new ZX14 (2010 I think) and still bought an 06 Busa...delivery... what it was all about!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Before I bought by 2012 Busa, I rode the ZX14 back to back with a Busa, twice. I'll leave the subjective stuff like looks because that's personal preference.

The ZX14 is a much more upright riding position, much softer suspended, but smoother and with obviously newer electronic technology.

The Busa is more sporting riding position with firmer suspension that makes it feel much more planted on the road.

For a spirited ride I'd go the Busa every time. If I wanted to cruise fast on straight roads, the ZX14 might be better due to more comfortable suspension and ride position.

If you do both types of riding or the odd track day - Busa is definetley the way to go. Kawasaki will never have the heritage/following the Busa has.