Repairable write-off
Hey guys, have any off you had any experience buying a repairable write off, I was about to buy a busa did a ppsr check and come back as a economic repairable write off, should I stay clear, haven't seen the bike in the flesh yet, thanx
I owe I owe,so it's off to work I go!!!

my 99 just got a repairable write off listing form the insurance company... there are only cosmetic isues with mine but you will have to assess each vehicle individually.. personally I would be wary of them as you just don;t know exactly why it was written off and what hidden damage might be there
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Can't be insured in Vic when put back on road.
You need a VIV to get a economic write off back on the road
That means keeping a log of all the repairs and parts receipts , they will compare repairs to to insurance pics

its not too hard as long as you know what to do
(21-03-2014, 05:27pm)Maj Wrote: You need a VIV to get a economic write off back on the road
That means keeping a log of all the repairs and parts receipts , they will compare repairs to to insurance pics

Thanx maj it's already been rego, but rego ran out a few months ago, it's a 2010 black with 1200 Kay's on it, I can get it for $8500, going down tomorrow to check it out, looks pretty good in the photos, but won't know till I see it.

stay away from it ,there a nightmare to get regeod and as stated cant be insured , i had a vx ss i got as a repairable ,economic so called bullshit ,repaired it then was told oh sorry you need to chop your penis off to get it regoed ,dont waste your time or money
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
(21-03-2014, 06:18pm)ballsybusa Wrote:
(21-03-2014, 05:27pm)Maj Wrote: You need a VIV to get a economic write off back on the road

Thanx maj it's already been rego, but rego ran out a few months ago, it's a 2010 black with 1200 Kay's on it, I can get it for $8500, going down tomorrow to check it out, looks pretty good in the photos, but won't know till I see it.

If the Rego has expired you will need to get another VIV they cost about $500 that is before you get your RWC . like Maj said not to hard as long as you no what your doing make sure they can provide photos of damage before repairs started and all receipts they have for repairs .
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(21-03-2014, 07:55pm)ROD Wrote:
(21-03-2014, 06:18pm)ballsybusa Wrote:

If the Rego has expired you will need to get another VIV they cost about $500 that is before you get your RWC . like Maj said not to hard as long as you no what your doing make sure they can provide photos of damage before repairs started and all receipts they have for repairs .
If I have to get a viv I might give it a miss,I don't think this guys got photos or nothing,sounds like he's being trying to re rego it himself with no luck, thanx for the info guys:)

My gsx1400 is one. As Maj said. Pic's. Log's. But no insurance company in the state of Vic will touch them. I could've bought a clean one with half the k's at the end of the day. But I love my shed time.:-) when you re rego, it's for the first time again, so all stamp dutys etc. First bike rego costs-all the costs. Viv $550. And in Vic they keep the pics so if you get done with an aftermarket pipe etc, there's none of this 'it was like that when I got it' biz.
I have just got this 2004 Busa Re-registed in Qld. Stolen & recovered Repairable Write-off. Only real damage was steering lock broken off and screw driver through all locks, broken gear lever and cracked windscreen.
Father In Law got it for $3200 plus $387 auction fee's. Cost me $150 for complete lock set, $15 for gear lever both off ebay and a Gen 2 wind screen that I already had.
$50 for road worthy Safety Certificate and $350 for a WOVI(Written Off Vehicle Inspection) plus $370 for rego and stampdutyand transfer into my name. So total cost for me was $4522.
The receipts for the repairs were required and a stat dec stating what repairs were carried out.

Wow mozzie.. That seems cheap but with all the other crap with insurance and stuff my 01 for sale is only a bit over $1000 more and you get a clean fully rego'd insurance bike..
U might be better buying mine ballsy LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I will just get third party insurance for this bike. Going to try a track day on this bike. Bought some one piece leathers at the Brisbane Moto expo yesterday. Also got some Michelin Pilot Super Sport going on this bike.
Going to have the Gen 2 set up more for long distance touring, the Gen 1 for fun.
Hey looked at bike today. Dosent look to bad,couple off marks here and there,it's only done 700 Kay's, tyers, chain spoket look it to,my concern is this viv thing,he says it Dosent need one becouse it's already been inspected and rego,he can't provide me with any info on the viv,but bike has been rego before but ran out a few months ago,he reckons all I need is a road worthy for rego,is this true? Thanx

Ring Vic Roads on Monday... Tell them all you currently know. I am sure they will give you the right info.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

+1 Revhead