Tassie ride this Saturday
Hey peeps,
For anyone interested we are doing a short (250k) ride this Saturday as Dale will be down from a warmer northern State LOL

Looking at leaving Deloraine around the 10:30 time and heading...
Mole Creek
Oliver's Rd
Sheffield
Latrobe
Frankford Rd
Exeter
Rosevears Tavern
Bridgenorth
Westbury
Deloraine

Stopping when we r thirsty or hungry....

Wet roads and possible showers (and running in new busa) means I ain't going warp speed so all is welcome.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I'm in .. Pi_tongue
nah, sorry Dale.. only open to Locals HAHAHAhahahaahaaaaaa
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(29-05-2014, 11:17am)Dale Wrote: I'm in .. Pi_tongue

I'm in too..Pi_thumbsup
Bump

no more takers???
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Good day, not to cold and no rain....

My phone did commit suicide up over mount Roland but after bouncing along the road in bits I managed to power it back up for musc for the rest of the ride
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Talked to a guy today who is into Targa Tasmania. He reckons best roads r in Tassie with no police patrols. Is this true Tony?
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Probably... I only ever saw two cop cars in Lonnie...think that was their total patrol car capacity...and one of those was a Rav 4...so pursuits were probably only possible if the other vehicle was Kia Cerato...lol. One thing they do have, I believe, is the in car cameras so they can ping you while coming towards you.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(31-05-2014, 08:49pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Probably... I only ever saw two cop cars in Lonnie...think that was their total patrol car capacity...and one of those was a Rav 4...so pursuits were probably only possible if the other vehicle was Kia Cerato...lol. One thing they do have, I believe, is the in car cameras so they can ping you while coming towards you.

Almost every Victorian cop car has these!!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
It pays to keep a lookout for white box trailers parked on the side of the road for mobile speed cameras,in 7 days travel only spotted 2 cars from memory and three trailers
Tassie is simple.... Thousands of miles of road and very limited budget for policing them. So.....
Keep off the main traffic areas and all you got to worry about is probably a off duty cop taking his marked car the short way home.
Yes they use trailers, but at around $300,000 per unit they keep em on high traffic areas normally catch those doing 60 in a 50 zone.
Not sure how many dead straight roads that could handle the 300+ of the busa we did today... But I was good and kept bike under the 5000RPM for run in.. So my max was 150kph lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Thanks Tony and Brookesy for a great day. We had a great ride, only issues were the cold and low flying mobile phones Lol3
Went out tonight for a great meal (bloody magic steak!) and a couple of beers.
Thanks again fellas .. It was a very enjoyable day .. Pi_thumbsup
(31-05-2014, 11:29pm)Batfink Wrote: Tassie is simple.... Thousands of miles of road and very limited budget for policing them. So.....
Keep off the main traffic areas and all you got to worry about is probably a off duty cop taking his marked car the short way home.
Yes they use trailers, but at around $300,000 per unit they keep em on high traffic areas normally catch those doing 60 in a 50 zone.
Not sure how many dead straight roads that could handle the 300+ of the busa we did today... But I was good and kept bike under the 5000RPM for run in.. So my max was 150kph lol

No need to run it in gently, just run it in how you are going to ride it. The first 20kms are the most important. Read

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
They used to park one of those trailers up on Normanstone Rd Tony...if I'd known they were worth so much I would've hitched it to my Triton and held it ransom...."pay up coppers or the trailer ends up in the river"!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(02-06-2014, 04:15pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: They used to park one of those trailers up on Normanstone Rd Tony...if I'd known they were worth so much I would've hitched it to my Triton and held it ransom...."pay up coppers or the trailer ends up in the river"!

LOL
I do know the first few were both stolen and wrecked so they now have either a cop close by or live cameras now
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1