Pirelli Angel GT No.1 For mileage?
Anyone tried Pirelli's Angel GT? supposedly best for mileage;
Pirelli Angel GT

Have regularly been a Michelin Pilot tyre user, but lately appears to me to be more suited for heavy wet conditions with so much holes for wet use. Im a 95% dry user, so considering these Pirellis. Not that I need for the moment.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Hi Volvi,
I'm running them on my gen2, but I've only got a couple of thousand up so I'll let you know how they go. I've had a couple of spirited rides on them and they seem to feel as good as the pilot road 3's (in the dry).
I had a set on mine. Got around 10 out of them. Mainly commuting. Took em from Gold Coast to Great Ocean Rd and back. Bit alarming how quickly the last bit of tread turned to canvass though. I looked at the rear and thought it'll need changing soon. A trip to work and back 100km there was no rubber in the middle and the shoulders of the front had disappeared so it wasn't to keen to corner. But 10k was good. On Michelin now
IMHO any tire that last more than 5K (never happened to me yet) is too hard to offer any good grip on the dry. And the name they given to this tire indicate that you will need some havenly intervention while riding on them....Just my thoughts.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Depends how you ride I reckon Shifu . If you use the roads like a racetrack then they probably wouldn't last that long. Last thing I feel like doing on my way to work at 4am dodging loose cows horses and roos. Amazing how on this forum almost any question regarding tyres or performance turns into a pissing contest. I think Volvi was questioning their longevity as opposed to how quick you can go through a set. I might be wrong though
I often get around 12k on the back, have been on Mich's for a while. Supposedly if you check out Pirelli's video on this tyre they talk of up to 25k. but by the sounds of those who have tried them above it seems its more an urban myth.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(17-06-2014, 04:51pm)Volvi Wrote: I often get around 12k on the back, have been on Mich's for a while. Supposedly if you check out Pirelli's video on this tyre they talk of up to 25k. but by the sounds of those who have tried them above it seems its more an urban myth.

Volvi,
I've gat a mate with a GTR1400 and he swears by them, has done for years. He say's he gets 20k+ every time and I've known him since school .. he rides fairly hard.
(17-06-2014, 05:59pm)Dale Wrote:
(17-06-2014, 04:51pm)Volvi Wrote: I often get around 12k on the back, have been on Mich's for a while. Supposedly if you check out Pirelli's video on this tyre they talk of up to 25k. but by the sounds of those who have tried them above it seems its more an urban myth.

Volvi,
I've gat a mate with a GTR1400 and he swears by them, has done for years. He say's he gets 20k+ every time and I've known him since school .. he rides fairly hard.

I know somebody who has them on his Busa and reckons they were fine, even in Tasmania....he rides like a Granny.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
When I went to the dark side I had Pirelli super corser's on red beast. I know they're not the same as the gt how ever, I could not wait to get rid of them. The feel I felt was average until you got them really warm. Cold or wet I felt like I would lose it at any corner or spin off the lights.
I put the new Michelins on and the bike felt sooooo different. When my Busa is due for replacement then I will go back to Michelins.

Only in my opinion :)
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
(17-06-2014, 09:13pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(17-06-2014, 05:59pm)Dale Wrote:

Volvi,

I know somebody who has them on his Busa and reckons they were fine, even in Tasmania....he rides like a Granny.

You are shit stirrer! Lol3
(17-06-2014, 10:07pm)Shifu Wrote: You are shit stirrer! Lol3

Yep, sure am.....
(17-06-2014, 01:59pm)Pommie Wrote: Depends how you ride I reckon Shifu . If you use the roads like a racetrack then they probably wouldn't last that long. Last thing I feel like doing on my way to work at 4am dodging loose cows horses and roos. Amazing how on this forum almost any question regarding tyres or performance turns into a pissing contest. I think Volvi was questioning their longevity as opposed to how quick you can go through a set. I might be wrong though

You are right, the riding style has something to do with it but it does not explain such apparent discrepancy. I got 18800 km on the clock and are on 6th set of tyres two of which went all the way to the steel belts. I do not ride on a roads like a maniac either. Sure, on occasion I might be a bit over the PSL but nothing dramatic. The most I got was 4.5K from a set of Continentals. Bridgestones & Dunlps 2.5-3K From personal observation and talking to riding mates here 6k is the absolute most you can reasonably expect from any decent road sport tire. People like to claim ridiculous mileage like in a pissing contest - you are right there. 20K claim is the purest form of BS in existance. Doubt if you get that pushing the bike on a road.
One thing I noticed though while puting on the set of Pilot Roads 3 lately is that in comparison with Dunlops they seem to have much deeper sipes aka more useable rubber on them. Will see if we get any record braking mileage out of these.
Volvi this is probably a bit of a personal choice on the Angels as I know some guys that have had them on the Busa and hated them that much that they didn't even do a 1K on them and got rid of them but on the other hand I've known guys to run them on other brand bikes and swear by them and also got reasonable mileage out of them (10-15K).

Guys as for the claims to mileage etc it really depends on your riding style I know a guy here in WA and rides to the conditions and is not totally opposed to opening it up from time to time but is very smooth with the way he brings the power on etc and got 24K out of a set of Road 2's and is now running a set of Road 3's and has got over 12K on them already and they don't even look half worn.

A lot of guys over hear are running the Mich Rd 3 and are extremely happy with there performance, durability and still managing to get half decent K's out of them 10K + and one of these guys is no slouch in the seat and even he's impressed.

I would have agreed with Shifu in one respect is if you want performance and grip etc well you would run a softer tyre to suit what you wanted but I would have to say I've changed my mind on this and I'm only an average rider when its all said and done.

I to have been through several tyres the 1st 2 sets I managed to get 4.5 to 5.5K out of them but wasn't totally happy then I chewed through 3 sets of tyres in less than 8K with only one rear not even getting 1900k's as people that know saw on one of the Busa Runs.

But this is where I changed my opinion about the slightly harder tyres I saw a couple of guys do a track day and couldn't believe the performance that they were getting from these type of tyres and since then have tried one myself. I have now got the Avon Storm Ultra 2 on and are very impressed which I had on the last Busa Run. These new type of dual and in some case triple compound tyres that are available are now offering a really good tyre that can give people a very good performance tyre whilst getting some good mileage so I would have to say give them a go if there not your cup of tea fair enough but I've certainly changed my opinion on this subject.

My last comment on this subject would also be regardless of tyres that you maybe running tyre pressures are everything when it comes to performance and durability and the type of riding that one may do as this can impact quite significantly on how the tyre performs and how the bike behaves under you so don't forget about this part of the equation and that one is a whole different subject and people certainly have there views on this one...

One thing that I did forget to mention though is that I'm running these types of tyres on the rear whilst running the softer front and love the combination.

Anyway that's just my thoughts and when it's all said and done it comes down to personal choice.
(19-06-2014, 01:48pm)Shifu Wrote: ... and talking to riding mates here 6k is the absolute most you can reasonably expect from any decent road sport tire. People like to claim ridiculous mileage like in a pissing contest - you are right there. 20K claim is the purest form of BS in existance. Doubt if you get that pushing the bike on a road.

What a load of crap Andrew. I have been keeping detailed records of every dollar I have spent on my bike since I brought it home from the dealer and all mileage to correspond. I replaced the original tyres at 6791 kms with pilot road 3's and they were replaced with Angel GTs at 23933 kms. According to my trusty calculator, that's 17142 kms. Call me a bullshit artist if you wish but I don't really give a rats arse. Maybe it's just the fact that I ride like a granny as has been suggested by some wanker I have never met or ridden with. All I can say mate, is you must have some really abrasive road surfaces over your way.
(19-06-2014, 06:39pm)Dale Wrote: Maybe it's just the fact that I ride like a granny as has been suggested by some wanker I have never met or ridden with.

It was another granny that I was having a dig at; but if the cap fits.......