wa police concealed number plate fines
User 
For all those wa riders..wa police introducing fines of $1000.00 instead of $50.00 for concealed number plate. Ie flippers, stickers, removed plate.. bit steep don't ya think...
New budget measure?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Karl's Cowboys do not control penalties, the WA government does.

I read recently that SA upped the fine to $2500.

Without seeing the actual reference, I'd suggest that a plate falling off may be less of an impost that one that's been obscured......
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Obscured number plates make cops a bit jumpy when behind you. Hence you get a massive fine if they stop you.
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
So does "It fell off and that's why it's in my backpack" constitute concealed?
$1000 is fair on that one I think...only reason I see for obscuring or concealing it, can only be for the purpose of completely disregarding the laws.
It kind of goes against what we all fight ie; being targeted and forever copping bullshit minor offences when we mostly always do the right thing.
Concealing is a clear intention for doing the opposite and saying...just don't give a f@#k.
I agree biker... but there needs to be a clear distinction between "concealed" and "difficult to read".
would a mud covered plate be "concealed"?
would a plate at an obtuse angle be "concealed"?
and would the fallen off plate also be "concealed"?
personally I say if a plate has been deliberately covered, removed or angled in such a way it cannot not be read even standing behind the bike then it is deliberate and should be fined using the BIG book lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
It doesn't appear to have gone to parliament yet, so the actual wording isn't available.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(16-06-2014, 08:17pm)fabsgtr Wrote: For all those wa riders..wa police introducing fines of $1000.00 instead of $50.00 for concealed number plate. Ie flippers, stickers, removed plate.. bit steep don't ya think...

Hey Fabs I'm pretty sure that if you deliberately modify your plate it's already a serious fine eg covering your plate up and getting caught you'll get the book chucked at you but if you take your plate off it's only a $50 fine here in WA but make sure it's not on you. The only thing I'm not sure about is these guys that re-position there plates so the camera can't get them but looks OK from behind in a car so maybe that's the area they are looking to hone in on.
I've been told that it needs to be readable from a 45degree angle.But which 45?? For overhead cameras it would be from above,then you get collared because they can't see it from the side,in NSW the front left camera on the roof rack of a xr6/SS will get cars parked on a 45 whilst driving past at 60 km.And if they can't see it from behind they may need there eyes tested.where will this nonsense end??
Nonsense indeed....only time it will end is when there is no monetary gain....all this crap about dont speed etc is fast becoming moot.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
I know in ACT its not concealed, its registration plate not attached/incorrectly attached, and then it goes into the modified bits as well. But as far as I know if I can't read it, it'd be fined. I've seen Police fine muddy 4x4's, espically if you can't rub it off or its muddy under a plastic guard. With traffic infringement there is so much discretion that cops can ping or not ping to their hearts content.
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"