Middle infill fitment issues
Well, many warned me that the infill panels will never fit the same again and I guess they were right but not how they think

I got them to fit better with a reduced gap Pi_tongue

While not 100% YET I know I can get them there and here is how............

there are tags helping with fitment but the gap they have IS ridiculous so I did this to fix it..

first the problem
TO MUCH GAP 3-4mm
[Image: SAM_0722_zps6872005c.jpg]

so i pack the inner lip of the infill panel with cloth tape (or 100MPH tape) like this... each panel has between 5-8 strips of tape to make the lip of the panel thicker causing the tags to hold the panel closer the the side fairing panel.
[Image: SAM_0723_zpsdc20e5f2.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0725_zpsb47a2532.jpg]

the final result is so far this...
[Image: SAM_0731_zps4f09c9d4.jpg]

[Image: SAM_0727_zps90c22298.jpg]

I did have to remove some of the foam on the infill panel as the tags started to push infill panel up making it proud of the top of the side fairing panel but I am sure with more fiddling I you can get a near perfect fit..

Hope this help others that are bugged by this silly, but annoying, fitment issue

Cheers
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
For the life of me, Tony, I cannot understand what you did...my panels...both sides have the gap so can you explain or show what you did to make it clearer for a silly old fart?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
What have you done!!! Those gaps are there to allow for our huge engines to expand when were giving them the stick.
After giving it some thought I think I know how the clips work.... the the infill panel lip presses down on the fairing tags and they are shaped to exert a pulling together force...tried to do a sketch will post it below.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
You should shout yourself a new tape measure as a reward for a job well done.
Whaddya mean there's no bourbon left????
Scary Wtf
The closest the gap ever gets on mine is about 9 meters!
when the bikes in the shed next door to the panels.
Don't want them any closer than that on mine.
Sorry Steve, drove to Hobart to pick up new pipes off Rod... He has scored a nice bike and it has Zooki yellow on it lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(22-06-2014, 12:48pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: After giving it some thought I think I know how the clips work.... the the infill panel lip presses down on the fairing tags and they are shaped to exert a pulling together force...tried to do a sketch will post it below.

Steve's on the right track. I had a gap when I removed the panels the first time, but when I went back and looked closer I realised I hadn't got it quite right and I got it back to a snug fit.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
on the fairing there are a row of tags with the flat side horizontal and a 5 mm gap between the "finger" of the tags and the fairing they are attached too. The infill panel has a lip on the side that is designed to slide into the "finger" gap and locate the infill panel tot eh side fairing..
What I did was to put multiple layers of cloth tape on the inside lip of the infill panel thus making this lip thicker and pushing the outter side of the panel away from the "finger" thus closer to the actual side panel edge
I did have to remove some of the underside foam on the infill panel as the "fingers" started to push the panel UP due to pressing on the foam. Overall my first re fitment attempt has improved the look of the join which makes me happy.

Quote:You should shout yourself a new tape measure as a reward for a job well done.

I was actually using the closest thing to hand which is a square I use to check door opening squareness when hanging doors so the measurements on it are not important LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1