pirelli rubber
hey guys gals ,ive had every brand of tyre on this bike, of mine ,but ive just fitted Pirelli angle st, omfg ,good or what ,I was cranked over ,to almost drag my knee when I spy mid bend water flowing across the road ,lets say I kinda shit mself ,waiting for the ooopps ,well nothing from dry to wet n back to dry in under a sparrow fart ,and no slip no give nothing true lines ,well fark me I thought ,and id only picked the bike up from having them fitted ,lol ,they are after a full weekend of riding awesome, keep in mind im 100plus kilos ,I run 34 psi in em and well im very impressed ,Clap
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
Been running the same tyres for a year and am very impressed...got a couple of Pirelli stickers too LOL
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Gottem on mine too .. No complaints Pi_thumbsup
Ducati bikes
Pirelli tyres
Loui Vuitton bags
All these IMHO fall into the same category - wank (defined as a pretended high performance or quality item usually bought by people for a "prestige" not a real use).
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(04-09-2014, 08:13pm)Shifu Wrote: Ducati bikes
Pirelli tyres
Loui Vuitton bags
All these IMHO fall into the same category - wank (defined as a pretended high performance or quality item usually bought by people for a "prestige" not a real use).

What crap. My sequined Versace Quattroporte posing pouch is the dogs nuts!
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Hey Revhead, I put a set on mine earlier this year as I was going off on my first long distance ride to Holbrook, (unfortunately I didn't get there), the Tyres were suggested to me by someone who racks up literally thousands upon thousands of kms on long distance rides, and these GT's have been fitted on Inline 4 big CC Bikes, one of my buddies here in Adelaide did a good deal on them for me, so I've given them a go.
(Now, you may, or may not have noticed that I was running BT003R's whilst you were over here during BUSA Bash 013, and to be honest, they are my preferred tyre for the Adelaide Hills.)
FYI I've been riding with the GT's in the Hills but they don't give me the feedback, nor the confidence I get with the 003R's, the Sectional Elevation of the Tyre is different between the two, this is understandable as the GT is more Touring and the 003R is more Track Day, don't get me wrong, they are ok in my eyes, I'm just constantly thinking of Traction, or the lack of feedback/feel whilst cornering with any great amounts of Gusteau, (thusly as mentioned above, not giving me the confidence that I usually have).
Now, the one thing I've been mulling over is my PSI, and knowing a little of your Riding Style from BB013, And reading your above posting, I'm thinking I need to lower my PSI somewhat!!
FYI, I'm running 39/40 PSI, which is what I run with 003R's, mite drop it down and see how they feel, hopefully that will inject the confidence I'm me that you have with them!

Anyone reading this considering Pirelli Angel GT's for touring, or general purpose riding, I say go for it, don't let my comments sway you away from these Hoops as they are good, I'm just used to more feedback from my Tyres - and these Tyres are different from what I normally ride with. :-)

Oh, and I will be fitting another set for the haul to Tathra this year!

Pete, just realised you have the ST's, when I'm talking GT's, prolly nothing much in it, will still drop my PSI and see how she feels!
(04-09-2014, 08:13pm)Shifu Wrote: Ducati bikes
Pirelli tyres
Loui Vuitton bags
mate ive blasted you off the road ,shitfu, so before you put shit on someone learn how to ride cowboyIdiot2

I just rode back from Sydney in pissing down rain not dropping below $1.20 most of the way, awesome ,also get the pressures down to 34psi ,itl give you a better patch of rubber on the road ,
mate ive blasted you off the road ,shitfu, so before you put shit on someone learn how to ride cowboyIdiot2

[/quote]

Wow! I must have completely miss that event. Was it when I waved you through or you just had another wet dream?
Secondly, I did not put any shit on enyone including you just yet. I will be sure to ask you for few riding lessons at Tathra this year beforehand.
Shifu, your comment above of Pirelli Tyres may have something to do with revheads reply, have you any experience with Pirelli's in any way?
Or is your opinion based on something else?

Personally, I'm of the opinion that they are a good all round tyre with great value for money, they just aren't my preferred tyre, mind you, my Busa isn't currently setup how she normally is, I'm glad I've tried them though.
(05-09-2014, 07:21pm)Shifu Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 12:38pm)revhead Wrote:

Wow! I must have completely miss that event. Was it when I waved you through or you just had another wet dream?
Secondly, I did not put any shit on enyone including you just yet. I will be sure to ask you for few riding lessons at Tathra this year beforehand.
[/quote]

waved me by lol2fast4u
your the slowest fastest rider I ever met,honestly who brakes mid corner,lol Andy its not that I don't like you its just that yur such a rude c*** on here to everyone ,for what reason who know ,try to look at the world without being a prick,Yes
Dropping the pressures will cause faster tyre wear. So for he trip over keep them up, especially on the the long straight stuff. I know my pressure are too high when they start to squirm heaps when warm. For the rest of the above posts . . . I can see some fun at Tathra but just remember the words of Casey Stoner, and don't let your ambition outweigh your talent! Lol3 lets go hard, but keep it fun, and have an incident free year.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(05-09-2014, 09:25pm)Ward P Wrote: Dropping the pressures will cause faster tyre wear. So for he trip over keep them up, especially on the the long straight stuff. I know my pressure are too high when they start to squirm heaps when warm. For the rest of the above posts . . . I can see some fun at Tathra but just remember the words of Casey Stoner, and don't let your ambition outweigh your talent! Lol3 lets go hard, but keep it fun, and have an incident free year.

Totally agree with the wear comment Ward, and I will be running 40-41 psi for the trip over, my issue with them is more relevant to blasting thru the hills here.
Just spied a few sites, couldn't find much from Pirelli themselves, but the pressures at a minimum of 32F 36R have been mentioned from time to time, so I've reduced mine to 36F 36R this arvo and will see if they feel better for me tomorrow. :-)
(05-09-2014, 08:27pm)revhead Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 07:21pm)Shifu Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 12:38pm)revhead Wrote:

waved me by lol2fast4u
your the slowest fastest rider I ever met,honestly who brakes mid corner,lol Andy its not that I don't like you its just that yur such a rude c*** on here to everyone ,for what reason who know ,try to look at the world without being a prick,Yes
[/quote]

Yes little one, and I have it all on video, I would never overtake if I just knew that it will cause you such a trauma. It is really time you got over it. It has been almost a year! As to you liking me or not I really dont care. And if you once more call me any rude names I promise not to forget it. Over and out.
you see that's a nice reply ,easy to read ,thank you Andy,lol
Piss takes aside I like the Pirellis...this has zero to do with posing...if I wanted to do that I would've bought a Harley and fitted some whitewalls.

I also like Avon Tyres they used to be the best rubber you could get in the UK ditto Pirellis....my choice is based on reputation....of course I do like walking around Northbridge with my Loui Vuitton bag when I'm not out riding.....LOL!

Ps
That last sentence was a lie....its a Gucci
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast