ALPINESTAR S-MX 2
For Fathers Day I am getting a new set of riding boots so last week we went to all the local bike shops to try on pairs. As I have always worn hightop style boots (my last pair being Shark Predators) I made a bee line right for the shelves of pretty hightops.
After many minutes of umming and arrring, poking and proding, trying on and tossing away the pairs available I started looking at the other styles of boots available.
I immediately ignored the "HD" style boots (the heel and toe heights look like they just wont work on the busa).
So what I had left was basically Alpinestar boots (shoes).
Tomorrow I will pick up a pair of these to try out
[Image: AplinestarSMX2_zpsce281ba3.jpg]

being a hightop fan they feel a bit weird as bike boots but I do like the style. Yes they are also a lot more convenient to get on and off plus I think they wont over fill with sweat like my old boots did.
There was an option of a water proof pair (Land Gore-Tex boots) but with the top so low I figure waters gunna get in anyway.

I will be missing out on trying them this Saturday as I go for a blast to Burnie and back but will try to remember to give more feedback as I wear them in.
Cheers
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!

.jpg   IMG_0764.JPG (Size: 194.77 KB / Downloads: 128)
Hey Batty i have the same boots and have had them for quite a while. They are extremely comfortable. I have nothing but praise for them.
Big long rides i wear tall SIDI's but for most normal riding i wear the Alpinestars.

Just remember to wear longer pants Very Happy

(Your pic reminds me to go and clean mine)

Woody
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
mmmm I think we may need to rename you

Ghost that Rides
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I have a pair of Alpinestars SMX1 shoes. They are more comfortable to walk around in then full height boots and quick and easy to put on. They are not water resistant and fill with water even in light rain. I use them for smaller local rides or in hot weather when not riding so hard.
the only sad thing is they don;t have a black/yellow pair
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Dont want to piss on your parade but just think about what the motorcycle boots are for? PROTECTION of your feet and ankles rigt?. Well, can't see much of that in these slippers. You do not wear them for walking or looking pretty but just for that one time when shit hits the fan and you will need to keep your body intact for the next ride.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
They are not as impressive looking as the high top boots I agree, and as you pointed out boots are made for foot and ankle protection though you forgot heel protection.
While initially looking like a slip on sneaker the technology is the same as the high top Alpinestar boots, complete with steel reinforced sole, triple layered and padded ankle protection and of course rear heal hard casing and reinforcement.
They don't have ankle restriction technology and armour above ankle line though which I accept. Then again a lot of high top boots don't have that either, or have a plastic fake look to make hem seem better than what they are.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(04-09-2014, 08:48pm)Batfink Wrote: ..... though you forgot heel protection.

Always considered the heel as a part of a foot Confused
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I own them. I wear them. The only thing they don't cover is your shin. My ankles are completely covered.
(04-09-2014, 11:19pm)Shifu Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 08:48pm)Batfink Wrote: ..... though you forgot heel protection.

Always considered the heel as a part of a foot Confused

Only before the accident!Pi_freak
I bought a pair of icons similar to the alpine stars and promptly sold them. I don't ride unless in full leathers so felt very vulnerable
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

The thing I cant get out of my mind is your old style boots full of sweat....mmmm...toe cheese
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Toe cheese Popsicles in winter lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

So Batty, have you worn them yet? [/align]
Didn't get a chance on Sunday so might have to wait until Sunday week
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1