iPhone & GPS Holder - Ram Mount
I've been using RAM Mounts for years for off-road applications but today, I applied the same product to my busa. Super strong and unobtrusive. Certainly worth the $$$ for a great product.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

......if in doubt, power out. If unsure, give it more!
Yeah mick they're a good piece of kit. I have the ram stem mount on both Busa and gsx1400 :)

Woody
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)

Tried a different system this time. I used a ball mount 8mm head attachment........Torqued it to spec........a little too easy.
That's an excellent idea!
I have a Tech mount on mine , fits in the steering stem but it's difficult to see and gets in the way of the tank bag I have.

That looks good.
Here is my steering stem mount for GPS. But thats a good idea using the triple clamp pinch bolt.

The Steering Stem is good as it is central, but I agree that it gets in the way of a few things.......keys in and out of the ignition was only one issue that used to piss me off a little. Utilising the triple mount head set keeps the item away from anything that I need to touch or adjust and it doesn't interfere with the visor or any controls. Mind you, I'm only using an iPhone in a lifeproof case. Larger items might go close to touching your visor IMO. Suppose it's all about the angle of the dangle.
Hey mick i ordered 2 ram kits and put them on each bike. they were to easy Very Happy

My stem mount is lower than Mozzie26's and facing the other way. I use GPS more often than a tank bag so for me its the way to go. It does slightly touch the tank bag when i put it on tho.

That looks great! And ur right, easy as. Great product, tough as.
Will have to change the Tech mount that's on the Bussa to a Ram Mount as all of the ones shown here are better than what I have at the moment.
(11-09-2014, 10:34pm)A^K^T Wrote: Will have to change the Tech mount that's on the Bussa to a Ram Mount as all of the ones shown here are better than what I have at the moment.

I wished I had shares in the gear. Absolutely top shelf stuff.

Ur turn to help me.........please give me some advice on how you guys connect your gps devices to power cause at the moment, I have no idea how or where I'm going to connect a 12 volt cig lighter. Any advice or pics would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Guys.
RAM Part Number is RAM-B-367U. You get three different lengths.

I used 2 kits. You need the 65mm bolt.

Thanks to Mick for the info :)

Woody
(11-09-2014, 10:43pm)Mick Wharton Wrote: I wished I had shares in the gear. Absolutely top shelf stuff.

Ur turn to help me.........please give me some advice on how you guys connect your gps devices to power cause at the moment, I have no idea how or where I'm going to connect a 12 volt cig lighter. Any advice or pics would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Guys.

On the Bussa I have a cigarette lighter type socket wired straight to the battery (with an in-line fuse)
I have it tucked in next to the overflow bottle on my Gen 1.
PASHNIT has usb sockets , looks like a better way of dong it.

He also has a post in one of his threads about hooking up to the bikes electrics Link

I have this set up on the GSX1400. It came with the bracket and complete set up(wire and fuse)

My Suzuki dealer did it for me whilst i was on holiday.

I will get the same set up on the busa when it goes in for its next service.

Woody
On my previous busa's (both gen 1) I hooked up 2 types of power outlets

1. was a weather proof 12V ciggie socket that was under the rear seat/hump direct hook up to battery with inline fuse. This also acted as a trickle charge point for keeping battery good when not being ridden
2. was a weather proof 12v ciggie socket + a 5V USB socket that was mounted above the dash under the double bubble windscreen. Yes there is enough room... JUST... This was also hooked direct to battery with inline fuse

with both these operating I could literally have up to 5 USB devices being charged while riding (2 x double USB plugs for 12V ciggie sockets + 1 x USB socket). Just have to rememebr they are still charging devices after you have turned off bike. I guess you could run it through a relay and ignition wire thus giving it a auto OFF when ignition is turned off.... this miight be my NEXT power plugs for USB
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!